|(13 intermediate revisions by 6 users not shown)|
Draft of FAmSCo Statute =
=== This is a DRAFT of FAmSCo Satute: it would be subject to changes. ===
The philosophy behind this statute it to update FAmSCo stucture according to the Regional model adopted and, now, well tested, in order to have a simple (not complex) structure and letting ALL Ambassadors the power to decide who will be the Chair. With this system, we will ensure the best organization.
Moreover the presence of the Budget Manager and the Ambassadors Administrator, the "technical side" of the project will be represented to ensure better focused policies in their respective skills.
I'm sure we should agree on this system, that will assure the best way to have a working FAmSCo.
a. "Ambassador" is a member of the Ambassadors Group in the Fedora Account System ( FAS) . See https://admin.fedoraproject.org/accounts/.
b. "Fedora Ambassadors Steering Committee" (now "FAmSCo") is the representing body of Fedora Ambassadors Project (now Ambassadors Project).
c. "Local Contact" is the responsible person for one of the following regions: NA, EMEA, LATAM and APAC.
the , and .
d. "Ambassadors Membership Administrator" is the person, nominated by FAmSCo, who is in charge of Ambassadors Membership Administration, Ambassadors FAS Sponsors and Ambassadors Mentors.
Ambassadorsis the is Ambassadors .
e. "FAmSCo Chair" (now "The Chair") is the coordinator of FAmSCo.
'''2. FAmSCo structure'''
FAmSCo is composed by seven (7) members
FAmSCo is composed by seven (7) members
- four (4) seats are reserved to the Local Contacts, one for each region;
- three (3) seats are filled with a general election among Ambassadors according to the procedure of the "Election Rules".
the of the .
'''3. FAmSCo functions'''
1. organizes the general structure of Ambassadors project;
. the of
2. distributes resources according the principle of equity;
3. organizes global initiatives;
4. coordinates membership management and the mentoring initiative.
5. promotes the cohesion between Ambassadors and Regions;
the Ambassadors and
7. nominates the Ambassadors Membership Administrator;
6. promotes the diffusion of Fedora Project principles.
the of Fedora the , and the . the of 's , and of the is . to the , to a between and the .
When seized or when the situation requires it, FAmSCo judges on the disputes between ambassadors, including disputes between ambassadors and local contacts, according to the procedure of art. 5.
The other functions, if not required by the situation, are managed by Local Contacts.
'''4. FAmSCo Chair and Vice-Chair Election'''
FAmSCo Chair and Vice-Chair are elected according to the procedures of the "Election Rules".
'''5. Resolution of Disputes'''
When it's asked by any Ambassador and/or called by a FAmSCo member, a Commission for the Settlement of Disputes (now "The Commission") is formed.
The Commission is composed by the FAmSCo Chair, 2 (two) other FAmSCo members not directly involved in the dispute and an Ambassador with a recognized experience of 2 or more years in the project.
By right, FAmSCo Chair is the president of The Commission. If it's not possible to take a decision on the dispute, The Chair can change the members of The Commission or proceed to a direct conciliation between the parties.
'''6. Final Provisions'''
a. A change of regions number and /or project structure will require a revision of this statute.
b. The Commission, as art. 4 stated, could be seized to decide in order to any dispute on this Statute.
c. When more Local Contacts are present in a region, the Ambassadors of that region will be responsible to nominate their representative. The Commission could be seized to solve any controversy arising from the appointment.
This page exists to explain the structure and organization of the Ambassadors sub-project within the Fedora Project
- Ambassador is a member of the Ambassadors Group in the Fedora Account System (FAS). See https://admin.fedoraproject.org/accounts/. More pragmatically, an Ambassador serves the purpose of being a representative of Fedora.
- Mindshare is the governing body of Fedora Ambassadors Project (hereafter Ambassadors Project).
- Ambassadors Membership Administrator(hereafter FAMA) is the person(s), nominated by Mindshare, are responsible for maintenance and overseeing Ambassador FAS membership, Ambassadors FAS Sponsors and Ambassadors Mentors in accordance with directives issued by FAmSCo.
- Region - Fedora has divided the world into geographical regions to push responsibility and authority out. Currently, those regions are Asia Pacific (APAC), Europe, Middle East, and Africa (EMEA), Latin America (LATAM), and North America (NA).
- Regional Leadership - Leadership appointed or elected by the geographical regions that direct the happenings going on in the region, provide budget oversight, and generally get things done
- Mentor - An Ambassador who the has been nominated by Mentors in their region, and approved by Mindshare to mentor potential and new Ambassadors.
- Emeritus Ambassadors - An Ambassador is a part of ambassadors-emeriti FAS group, can benefit the community with his experience but is not currently under Ambassadors group.
FAmSCo is composed by seven (7) members elected annually from around the globe. Following the election rules, a Chair and Vice-Chair are elected.
Duties and functions
- organizes the general structure of the Ambassadors project;
- distributes resources globally;
- organizes global initiatives;
- coordinates membership management and the mentoring initiative.
- promotes the cohesion between Ambassadors and Regions;
- nominates the Ambassadors Membership Administrator;
- promotes the diffusion of the Fedora Project's principles.
- resolve any disputes brought before it
The other functions, if not required by the situation, are managed by the regional leadership.
Ambassadors Membership Administrator
To deal with the large influx of Ambassador membership related administrivia, FAmSCo routinely appoints several Ambassadors to serve as Membership Administrators. These individuals have been delegated the responsibility of handling membership details on behalf of FAmSCo.
Each region, due to geographical and cultural differences, largely manages activities and budget within its region. Some regions have a highly structured local organization, while others are more ad hoc. Leadership, whether de facto, elected or appointed is responsible to transparently operate within the community.
Realizing the tremendous learning curve that is present upon becoming an Ambassador and the requirement that Fedora's guiding principles be properly represented, FAmSCo setup a process whereby potential Ambassadors are teamed with established mentors to ensure they have the requisite knowledge and experience to begin working effectively. Mentors are given wide leeway in determining if applicants are to be approved.
Ambassadors are the representatives of Fedora to the public, and the larger F/LOSS community. Ambassadors have the purpose of ensuring that those audiences understand Fedora's principles, and know of the work that Fedora is doing. Additionally Ambassadors are responsible for helping to grow the contributor base, and to act as a liaison between other F/LOSS projects and the Fedora community.