|Line 24:||Line 24:|
FAmSCo is composed by seven (7) members
FAmSCo is composed by seven (7) members the , -are .
Revision as of 00:47, 12 March 2010
Draft of FAmSCo Statute
This page exists to explain the structure and organization of the Ambassadors sub-project within the Fedora Project
- Ambassador is a member of the Ambassadors Group in the Fedora Account System (FAS). See https://admin.fedoraproject.org/accounts/. More pragmatically, an Ambassador serves the purpose of being a representative of Fedora.
- Fedora Ambassadors Steering Committee (hereafter "FAmSCo") is the governing body of Fedora Ambassadors Project (hereafter Ambassadors Project).
- Ambassadors Membership Administrator is the person, nominated by FAmSCo, are responsible for maintenance and overseeing Ambassador FAS membership, Ambassadors FAS Sponsors and Ambassadors Mentors in accordance with directives issued by FAmSCo.
- Region - Fedora has divided the world into geographical regions to push responsibility and authority out. Currently those regions are Asia Pacific (APAC), Europe, Middle East, and Africa (EMEA), Latin America (LATAM), and North America (NA).
- Regional Leadership - Leadership appointed or elected by the geographical regions that direct the happenings going on in the region, provide budget oversight, and generally get things done
- Mentor - An Ambassador who the has been nominated by Mentors in their region, and approved by FAmSCo to mentor potential and new Ambassadors.
FAmSCo is composed by seven (7) members elected from around the globe. Following the election rules, a Chair and Vice-Chair are elected.
- organizes the general structure of Ambassadors project;
- distributes resources globally;
- organizes global initiatives;
- coordinates membership management and the mentoring initiative.
- promotes the cohesion between Ambassadors and Regions;
- nominates the Ambassadors Membership Administrator;
- promotes the diffusion of Fedora Project principles.
When requested or when the situation requires it, FAmSCo has the responsibility to resolve any disputes that arise.
The other functions, if not required by the situation, are managed by Local Contacts.
FAmSCo Chair and Vice-Chair Election
FAmSCo Chair and Vice-Chair are elected according to the procedures of the "Election Rules".