FUDCon Brno 2008
Brno, Czech Republic :: September 5 - 7, 2008
Friday, September 5 -- Hackfest day 1.
Saturday, September 6 -- BarCamp with sessions, talks, and presentations. Social Event in the evening! This is the most important day of the FUDCon!
Sunday, September 7 -- Hackfest day 2.
The specific schedule for each day is coming soon!
- Approximately 50 beds are booked in Hotel Imos (google maps) - studios - two hotel rooms with shared kitchen and bathroom. Direction from the hotel to University (Approximately 10 to 15 minutes by public transport, tram #1, ticket for 15CZK)
There are several ways to get to Brno.
- Fly directly to Brno's airport (BRQ) (Check SmartWings and Ryanair for direct flights)
- Fly to Prague (PRG) and travel to Brno (BRQ)
- Fly to Vienna (VIE) and travel to Brno (BRQ)
- Fly to Bratislava (BTS) and take a bus (130km, about 2 hours) or a train (141 km, about hour and a half)
This page appears to have some good information.
Please add your name to the list if you will attend.
|13||FabianAffolter||yes||I will try to make it happen|
|18||MarekMahut||no||will help with organization|
|19||MatejCepl||no||will help with organization, living in Prague|
|24||OliverFalk||yes||Can only attend on Friday|
|25||FrancescoUgolini||yes||90% sure to attend|
|27||AndreaModestoRossi||yes||80% sure to attend|
|30||DominikMierzejewski||yes||planning to attend|
|33||AdrianPilchowiec||no||90% sure to attend|
If you will pitch a session at the BarCamp on Saturday, give your name and brief description here.
- Max Spevack - Fedora Websites team, and how you can help.
- Dimitris Glezos - Transifex: Upstream-friendly cross-community translations -- Towards v1.0
- Martin Sivak - FirstAidKit: how to simplify boring diagnose and repair tasks
- Any topic that is interesting to you!
- Becoming a Fedora Package Maintainer (needs a leader)
- Fedora Astronomy hacking (MarekMahut)
- Transifex hacking (Dimitris Glezos)
- SecurityAudit hacking plugins (PeterVrabec)
- FirstAidKit plugin development (MartinSivak)
- Any project you are working on!
Information for Organizational Team
There is a weekly organization/planning meeting in #fedora-meeting on Freenode every Tuesday at 13:00 UTC (15:00 CEST).
Current action items:
Update travel information on wiki (MarkeMahut)
- Breakfast and lunch for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. (RadekVokal)
Wireless network for the location (MarekMahut)- we'll use university network (RadekVokal)
- Check out rooms at the University (RadekVokal and MarekMahut)
- Projectors from the RH office (MarekMahut)
- Social event on Saturday night (RadekVokal)
- Tshirts (MaxSpevack)
- Talk to Denise Dumas about RH travel budget (MaxSpevack)
- Text for flyer (RadekVokal)
- Design for flyer with Art Team (MaxSpevack)
Fedora Live DVDs (MarekMahut)
- Publicity at universities or other places in Brno & Prague (???)
- Travel subsidies and sponsorships (MaxSpevack)
Publicity on Fedora Planet & mailing lists (MaxSpevack) Email/invitation to europe (europe-list) offices (MaxSpevack)
- LATER: Confirm number of rooms with hotel (RadekVokal)
- LATER: Figure out how much of hotel bill can be paid from FUDCon budget (MaxSpevack)
Total budget from Fedora Project:
- 20k USD = 12.5k EUR = 290k CZK