Here you will find the formal documentation for Fedora, as well as draft documents that aren't yet finished. Formal documentation is the responsibility of the DocsProject .
Published full-length guides and tutorials
- Beats - These are the very latest Release Notes for Fedora, as they are developed
- Draft Documentation - Guides and tutorials that are being developed on this Wiki
- http://fedoraproject.org/wiki - The entire Wiki has many useful documents, which are not formal Fedora documents but may be what you need. Try the Wiki search to find your topic.
The difference between the "wiki" and "guides"
Documents typically begin life on the Fedora wiki. This is to aid the development of the document until it can be finalized. Unfinished documents are categorized as Category:Draft_Documentation. Once the document is deemed complete, the Draft_Documentation category is replaced by the Category:Documentation category.
If the documentation is deemed to be "official" and in need of a more permanent home, the wiki pages are translated into Docbook XML which can then be used to generate HTML and RPM files that are distributed to the public. HTML files are published at http://docs.fedoraproject.org and RPM files are published in the Fedora repository.
More details are found on the Docs Project workflow page.
Working with Development Tools
This category has the following 19 subcategories, out of 19 total.
Pages in category "Documentation"
The following 33 pages are in this category, out of 232 total.(previous page) (next page)
- User Guide - Financial Software
- User Guide - Introduction
- User Guide - Logging in
- User Guide - Logging into the Desktop
- User Guide - Managing Photos
- User Guide - Managing Software
- User Guide - Media
- User Guide - NetworkManager f13
- User Guide - Playing Multimedia
- User Guide - Sharing Your Desktop
- User Guide - The Fedora Desktops
- User Guide - Tour of the GNOME Desktop
- User Guide - Tour of the KDE Desktop
- User Guide - Tour of the Xfce Desktop
- Using GPG
- Using GPG with Alpine
- Using GPG with Evolution
- Using GPG with FireGPG
- Using GPG with Thunderbird
- Using GPG/es
- Using GPG/ru