Fedora Packages are maintained collectively by a community of both Red Hat members and volunteers.
- Available Packages:
- How to Join the package collection maintainers
- Package Review Process - describes the formal review process (for both contributors and reviewers)
- Packaging SIGs - Informal groups of packagers working on specific areas of the distribution
- EPEL - Rebuild of Fedora packages for RHEL or compatible derivatives
- How to create an RPM package - start here if you don't know how to create an RPM package
- Maximum RPM Book - most detailed, but slightly obsolete
- A short tutorial - for those of us with shorter attention spans, preferring less detail
- RPM Guide - an in-depth guide to RPM
- Building Packages Guide - Work through these examples, you'll learn a lot.
- How to create a GNU Hello RPM package - A quick How-To about getting started with package building.
Resources for Fedora Package Collection contributors
- SIGs - Fedora Special Interest Groups
- Fedora package components in bugzilla
- koji - Fedora Package Build System / Secure connection with Fedora User Cert
- Fedora Package Database
- bodhi - Fedora Package Update System
- RPM Repository Admin requests - Repository and CVS status pages for requesting manual copies and removals of packages
- Vacation Notice - Add a vacation note if you are going to be unavailable for a few days.
- Test Machines - Contributed servers for test, mock build, compile or debug packages before submitting to koji
- Fedorapeople_Repos - A place to host various personal repos
Important Mailing Lists
- email@example.com is a low traffic, announcements only, list, where important development information is posted.
- firstname.lastname@example.org is a high traffic mailing list, where discussions about the development of Fedora are held.
- email@example.com is a very high traffic mailing list, where notifications are given for all the commits in any package in the Fedora repository. Note that the Fedora package database sends commit mails for packages you (co-)maintain.
- firstname.lastname@example.org is the mailing list of the Fedora Packaging Committee, who determine the official packaging guidelines for Fedora projects.
Fedora Engineering Steering Committee (FESCo)
Fedora technical management is organized by the Fedora Engineering Steering Committee (FESCo).
This category has the following 5 subcategories, out of 5 total.
Pages in category "Package Maintainers"
The following 90 pages are in this category, out of 90 total.
- Help wanted for package maintainance
- How to create a GNU Hello RPM package
- How to create a GNU Hello RPM package/it
- How to create a GNU Hello RPM package/ja
- How to create a GNU Hello RPM package/pt-br
- How to create a GNU Hello RPM package/ru
- How to create a GNU Hello RPM package/zh-cn
- How to create a GNU Hello RPM package/zh-tw
- How to create an RPM package
- How to create an RPM package/es
- How to create an RPM package/it
- How to create an RPM package/pt
- How to create an RPM package/zh-cn
- How to create an RPM package/zh-tw
- How to get sponsored into the packager group
- How to get sponsored into the packager group/es
- How to remove a package at end of life
- How to remove a package at end of life/es
- How to sponsor a new contributor
- How to use and edit comps.xml for package groups
- Join the package collection maintainers
- Join the package collection maintainers/es
- Join the package collection maintainers/ja
- Join the package collection maintainers/pt-br
- Join the package collection maintainers/ru
- Join the package collection maintainers/zh-cn
- Join the package collection maintainers/zh-tw
- Package maintainer
- Package maintainer policy
- Package maintainer responsibilities
- Package maintainer responsibilities(draft)
- User:Mziaei1/eclipse/fedora package/process
- Package Maintainers Flags Policy
- Package maintainers wishlist
- Package maintenance guide
- Package maintenance guide/ja
- Package maintenance guide/zh-cn
- Package Renaming Process
- Package Review Process
- Package Review Process/es
- Package Review Process/ru
- Package Review Process/zh-cn
- Package update HOWTO
- Package update HOWTO/ja
- Packager sponsor responsibilities
- Packager sponsor responsibilities(draft)
- Packaging Survey May 2009
- Packaging tricks
- PackagingDrafts/Package Review Process with Containers
- Passphrase policy
- Policy for encouraging comaintainers of packages
- Policy for stalled package reviews