A Fedora Spin using the Cinnamon desktop environment.
- Name: Dan Book
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Release notes owner:
- Targeted release: Fedora 23
- Last updated: 2015-05-06
- Tracker bug: <will be assigned by the Wrangler>
Cinnamon is a Linux desktop which provides advanced innovative features and a traditional user experience. The desktop layout is similar to Gnome 2. The underlying technology is forked from Gnome Shell. The emphasis is put on making users feel at home and providing them with an easy to use and comfortable desktop experience.
Benefit to Fedora
Cinnamon is a popular desktop alternative to Gnome 3 and this spin provides the option to quickly try and install this desktop.
- Proposal owners: Track existing Cinnamon desktop environment group
- Other developers: N/A (not a System Wide Change)
- Release engineering: Ensure spin has been tested and release with rest of spins
- Policies and guidelines: N/A (not a System Wide Change)
N/A (not a System Wide Change)
How To Test
Test booting and usage of live CD, installation from live CD, and resulting installed system.
Users will have a new option for trying and installing Fedora.
- Cinnamon Desktop is already in Fedora.
- Trademark approval from Fedora Council is required.
- Contingency mechanism: Cinnamon will continue to be installable as a secondary desktop.
- Contingency deadline: N/A (not a System Wide Change)
- Blocks release? N/A (not a System Wide Change)
- Blocks product? N/A