Changes/MinGW environment and toolchain update
Update the MinGW base environment and toolchain to the latest upstream stable releases.
- Name: Sandro Mani
- Email: email@example.com
- Release notes owner:
- Targeted release: Fedora 31
- Last updated: 2019-05-09
- Tracker bug: <will be assigned by the Wrangler>
The following packages will be updated
- mingw-gcc to version 9.1.0
- mingw-w64-tools to version 6.0.0
- mingw-winpthreads to version 6.0.0
- mingw-crt to version 6.0.0
- mingw-headers to version 6.0.0
- mingw-binutils to version 2.32
Packages for early testing are available here: https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/smani/mingw-gcc9/builds/
Benefit to Fedora
Ship the latest available MinGW environment and GNU toolchain.
- Proposal owners:
The above mentioned packages will be updated. Build failures following the mass rebuild will be inspected.
- Other developers:
Help with build failures may be requested.
- Release engineering: Impact check 
- Release engineering: Mass rebuild requested
- Policies and guidelines: No policies need to be changed
How To Test
Update the system once the updated packages land, look out for new build failures etc.
The features of the newest MinGW environment and GNU Toolchain will be available to the users.
- Contingency mechanism: Revert to older versions of environment / toolchain, mass rebuild mingw packages again
- Contingency deadline: Before release
- Blocks release? Yes
- Blocks product? No
Fedora 31 comes with the mingw-w64-6.0.0 environment, mingw-gcc-9.1 and mingw-binutils 2.32.