The libzhuyin project aims to provide the algorithms core for intelligent sentence-based Chinese Zhuyin input methods.
- Name: Peng Wu
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Release notes owner:
- Targeted release: Fedora 21
- Last updated: 2014-02-27
- Tracker bug: <will be assigned by the Wrangler>
The libzhuyin project will provide the algorithms core for intelligent sentence-based Chinese Zhuyin input methods.
Benefit to Fedora
Enhance the experience of Fedora for Chinese Zhuyin users by guessing what the user want to input.
Develop the ibus-libzhuyin project in order for users to use libzhuyin backend.
How To Test
- Check whether "New Zhuyin" is listed in ibus-setup dialog and default IME list.
- Try to add "New Zhuyin" to IME list, begin to use the new Zhuyin IME.
With the libzhuyin back end, Chinese users may speed up the Zhuyin input speed.
libzhuyin is already in Fedora 19 but in worst case we could still keep the ibus-chewing as default Zhuyin IME.
ibus-libzhuyin with new libzhuyin backend provides a better Zhuyin input method and may speed up the user input of Chinese characters.