This is the home for the Fedora Cloud Working Group, where we are developing Fedora's next-generation cloud product. You may also be interested in the Cloud SIG, which has a broader, more loosely defined mission covering all things related to Fedora and cloud computing.
Fedora Cloud Working Group
- Get running with Fedora in the cloud here: https://getfedora.org/en/cloud/download/
- Pre-release software (alphas, betas) can be found at https://getfedora.org/en/cloud/prerelease/
The Fedora Cloud Working group leads the design and production of Fedora's Cloud edition.
Role in Fedora
The Fedora Cloud Working Group is a subset of the Fedora Cloud SIG, one of the many teams working on Fedora.
The Working Group is responsible for initial and ongoing development of the Product Requirements Document, and for coordinating production of the Fedora Cloud operating system.
We work with existing groups across the greater Fedora Project, and may delegate particular members to take responsibility for working with certain other teams. For example, a working group member may act as a coordinator for quality assurance or for release engineering.
Charter / Governance
Product Requirements Document
Runbooks / Standard Operating Procedures
Let's keep track of how things work here so that we can help integrate new folks more easily.
This section will list the RFCs in progress or RFCs that have been accepted by the Cloud Working Group.
It is our policy to default to open; wherever possible, all communications will be held in the open and archived for future public reference. In some rare cases, it may necessary for some members of the group to enter into non-disclosure agreements (for example, when working with public cloud vendors) but such circumstances should be minimal and not impact core decisions of the group.
Our primary forum for discussion is the Cloud SIG mailing list, https://lists.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/cloud. Members also regularly are available in the #fedora-cloud IRC channel on FreeNode.
The Cloud SIG will work with other groups (Base WG, QA, Rel-eng, etc.) as needed to help deliver the final cloud products.
#fedora-cloud on Freenode.
Points of Contact
The Fedora Cloud Working Group has a weekly meeting. The meeting usually happens in #fedora-meeting-1 on irc.freenode.net and the schedule for the meeting can be found here: https://apps.fedoraproject.org/calendar/cloud/
You can find Meeting Minutes on the Fedora møte: meeting wrangler. Meetings are currently held every Wednesday at 17:00 UTC.
Steps to run the meeting
- #startmeeting fedora_cloud_wg
- #topic Roll Call
Wait for 2 minutes for the roll call.
- #chair all the people present for the meeting
- #topic Action items from last meeting
^^ Find the last meeting log from https://meetbot-raw.fedoraproject.org/teams/fedora_cloud_wg
- After they are done move to each ticket from https://fedorahosted.org/cloud/report/9
Do the following for each ticket
- #topic Ticket subject link_to_the_ticket
When all the tickets are over, go for Open floor
- #topic Open Floor
Upcoming Meetings, Agendas, and Chairs
Ideally we should have an agenda prior to each meeting that consists of any urgent business, action items from the last meeting (carry over if not completed!), and Trac tickets marked with the "meeting" tag. (See the Meeting report in Trac.)
We need someone to chair the meeting each week, and it's a good idea to come prepared to run the meeting rather than playing "who's the chair this week?" To that end, here's a list of upcoming meetings. Please call a spot if you're interested in chairing:
- 20 April 2016: Chair - Josh Berkus
- 27 April 2016: Chair
- 4 May 2016: Chair - Scott Collier (scollier)
- 11 May 2016: Chair - Josh Berkus
- 18 May 2016: Chair
- 25 May 2016: Chair - Scott Collier (scollier)
- 01 June 2016: Chair -
- 08 June 2016: Chair - Joe Brockmeier (jzb)
- 15 June 2016: Chair - Sayan Chowdhury (sayanchowdhury)
- 22 June 2016: Chair - Joe Brockmeier (jzb)
- 29 June 2016: Chair - Sayan Chowdhury (sayanchowdhury)
- 06 July 2016: Chair - Dusty Mabe (dustymabe)
- 13 July 2016: Chair - Josh Berkus (jberkus)
- 20 July 2016: Chair -
- 27 July 2016: Chair - Josh Berkus (jberkus)
- 10 Aug 2016: Chair - Scott Collier (scollier)
- 17 Aug 2016: Chair -
- 24 Aug 2016: Chair -