This page documents common bugs in Fedora 15 and, if available, fixes or workarounds for these problems. If you find your problem in this page, do not file a bug for it, unless otherwise instructed. Where appropriate, a reference to the current bug(s) in Bugzilla is included.
My bug is not listed
Not every bug is listed in this page, but Bugzilla should be a comprehensive database of known bugs. This page is a sampling of the bugs most commonly discussed on our mailing lists and forums.
To see if your bug has already been reported, you can search Bugzilla. If it has not yet been reported, we encourage you to do so to help improve Fedora for yourself and others. A guide to Bugs and feature requests has been prepared to assist you.
If you believe an already-reported bug report should be added to this page because it is commonly encountered, you can:
- Add it yourself, if you have wiki access. Please follow the style and guidelines explained in the comments in the page source.
- Or, add the CommonBugs keyword to the bug report. Someone from the QA team will then inspect the issue to determine whether the bug should be listed as a common bug. To expedite your request, please add a comment to the bug that includes
- a summary of the problem
- any known workarounds
- an assessment on the impact to Fedora users
For reference, you can query Bugzilla for bugs tagged CommonBugs:
- CommonBugs? (bugs with CommonBugs keyword, but do not yet have a link to this page)
- CommonBugs+ (bugs with CommonBugs keyword and contain a link to this page)
Failure while partitioning BIOS RAID - AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'addChild'
When installing Fedora 15 Alpha to a system with BIOS RAID enabled, you may encounter the following failure during disk partitioning.
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'addChild'
The failure is a known issue and will be resolved in a future
update. For Fedora 15 Alpha users, an installation updates image is a available to work around this problem. For guidance on using an updates image, refer to Anaconda/Updates.
Fedora 15 Alpha DVD installation attempts to enabled networking
When installing Fedora 15 Alpha using the 32b or 64b DVD ISO, the installer will prompt the user to enable networking. When installing from DVD ISO media, network is not intended to be enabled by default. If desired, the user can safely cancel any prompts to ensure that networking is disabled during the DVD installation. For a sample screenshot of the problem, see http://jlaska.fedorapeople.org/screenshots/bug677773.png. The issue has been resolved and will be fixed in a future update of