Community Architecture FY09 Goals
These are our team goals for FY09 (March 2008 - February 2009).
Goals that are written in
strikethrough have been completed.
As our goals change throughout the year, this page will be updated and modified. It will be reviewed by the team quarterly.
Max, Greg, Jack, Karsten, and Tiemann are "official" members of the Community Architecture team, meaning that they are part of that team's internal management structure at Red Hat. Other people whose names appear on this list are doing work to assist the Community Architecture team, but are not directly part of its management chain.
Expand university and education communities
Multischool university tour in Q1.
Visit approximately 15 universities throughout the United States, generating leads with students and faculty that will be pursued during the rest of the year. (Jack)
- Curriculum/Linux lab deal with CMU. (Jack)
- Open source course at Syracuse. (Jack)
- Fedora Campus Ambassadors program. (Jack)
Contract signed with Seneca College for an open source course (taught by Chris Tyler and based on Fedora. (Greg)
- Expand Will Cohen's curriculum work into a general curriculum that can be used at multiple schools. (Greg or Jack)
- Open Source in Education list/foundation. (Jack)
- Solid Fedora presence at FSOSS. (Jack)
Hire and manage interns for Fedora & Community Architcture. (Max)
Implement Fedora Scholarship program. (Max)
Focus on university communities in India. (Rahul)
Strengthen global community
Take FUDCon global.
Fedora presence at important worldwide events.
Stewardship and leadership of the Ambassadors project.
- Work with FAMSCo on global events. (Max)
- Be the point of contact for NA community. (Karsten)
- Be the point of contact for LATAM community. (Greg)
- Be the point of contact for EMEA community. (Max)
- Be the point of contact for APAC community. (Harish)
- Be the point of contact for India community. (Max)
- Hire a permanent Community Architecture presence for LATAM. (Max & Gaby Szulik)
Leadership of our community in India. (Rahul)
- Manage Fedora Free Media in India.
- Raise profile of contributors in India.
Strengthen business value of community development
Success stories coming from large RH customers.
- Develop "official" success stories. (All)
- Develop Red Hat Magazine articles. (All)
Build ISV ecosystem with Fedora/EPEL. (Karsten)
Develop func and cobbler with enterprise contributors. (Greg & Michael DeHaan)
Provide community advice to Spacewalk team as needed. (Greg)
Continue the custom spins of Fedora vision. (Max)
Maintain contact with downstream projects such as Blag and Freeeee. (Yaakov)
Windows program for LiveUSB creation. (Max & Luke Macken)
JBoss and Fedora integration on a technical level. (Karsten)
Fedora TV. (Greg)
OLPC and Fedora development.
- Create a custom Fedora spin that runs on XO hardware. (Greg & Jeremy)
- Get Sugar working as a viable Fedora desktop environmnet. (Greg)
- Assist OLPC with their community architecture strategy/tactics. (Greg)
My Fedora. (Karsten)
Work with RH corporate communications team. (Max & Paul Frields)
Fedora 9 GTM plan.
Stewardship of certain Fedora communities. Fill leadership gaps, identify critical path, build up a community of leadership, and ultimately transition leadership to a community member.
Budget, meeting, and Community Architecture team leadership. (Max)