See bug #475978
Quick UI Review
Summary of Suggestions
- Use shorter, more human-readable dates for the date column up-top. "2 days ago", "1 week ago", etc. Specific time stamps can be displayed in the details pane.
- Do not display the host column if the system is only configured for one host.
- Swap the summary and date columns so summary appears right after the quiet button.
- Rename window title "Security Alert Browser"
- Remove lower bar with 'audit listener' '12/12' and connection toggle unless there's a really good rationale for it being there.
- Get rid of short description. It's just an ellipsed form of the long description anyway.
- Hide the debug information by default. Only show it if explicitly asked for. By default it appears quite intimidating.
Desktop Alerting Tool for Non-Critical Alerts
Alert Details Window
When you click for more details about an alert, you could get a dialog like this that is focused on the alert that just occurred. (To see other alerts, you could go to the browser via a right-click on the setroubleshoot panel icon or through the regular application menu path)
Bug Report Window