Fedora Events: Developers Conference, Brno, Czech Republic
- an Open conference for all Linux and JBoss Developers, Admins and Linux users organized by Red Hat Czech Republic
- Presentations will be held by Red Hat, Fedora and JBoss users and developers
- For questions, please contact RadekVokal and MarekMahut
- redhatbrno.blip.tv (so far there are videos from 2009)
When and Where
- February 10 - February 11 2011 (Friday, Saturday)
- Faculty of Informatics at Masaryk University (google maps) (openstreetmap.org)
- Brno, Czech Republic
- Main entrance to the building
/dev/pub - The Pub Event
- Dinner for all participants on Friday!
- Q: Do I have to do my presentation in English?
- A: Nope, it's up to you. We're expecting some foreigners and visits from Red Hat to come, but if you don't feel comfortable doing the presentation in English, do it in Czech/Slovak
- Q: So what kind of conference is it going to be? Like every other Linux conference?
- A: No! The plan is to have a conference for developers, admins and testers, eg. not average Linux users, but for skilled Linux users who are either administering some servers, deploying services on Linux or developing apps on Linux
- Q: How long does my presentation or session have to be?
- A: Anylong from 30minutes up to one hour, workshops will probably be longer. We'll prepare a schedule apx a month before the event, at that time you'll be asked for time estimate.
- Hotel Avanti - closest hotel, 5-10 minutes of walking to University
- Hotel Vista (formerly known as hotel Imos) - cheaper option, apx 20minutes by public transport far from University
to Brno, Czech Republic
There are several airports around Brno; http://whichbudget.com can be used to see which budget airlines operate flights to a destination; for your convenience, the airport names below are linked there; http://skyscanner.net can help you finding non-direct connections. For information about booking the train or bus tickets, follow the links in the rightmost column.
|Airport (code, people transported/year)||Distance from Brno||By bus (time, price one way)||By train (time, price/price back||Detailed instructions|
|Brno (BRQ, 0.5 mil.)||0 km|
|Bratislava (BTS, 2 mil.)||130 km||2:30 EUR 9||2:00, EUR 9 (return EUR 13)||Bratislava -> Brno|
|Wien, Vienna (VIE, 18 mil.)||150 km||2:40, CZK 310 (EUR 12.70)||1:40, EUR 27/EUR 9||Vienna -> Brno|
|Prague (PRG, 13 mil.)||210 km||2:30, CZK 200 or 150 (EUR 8.20 or 6.15)||from 2:45 to 3:30, CZK 314/175 (EUR 12.80/7.15)||Prague -> Brno|
Note: the times include the time needed to get from the airport to the railway or bus station.
There are no relevant return discounts for trains, and the budget airlines often offer no return discount as well, so there is little incentive to use the same airport for both direction. Thus it might be a good idea, for example, to visit Vienna during your return journey; for details, see Vienna -> Brno.
From Main railway station take tram #1 (towards Řečkovice). Get off the tram on 5th stop - Hrnčířská (after apx 10minutes). Take the street on the left - Hrnčířská - up and after apx 300 meters the building on your right hand is the University.
From Main bus station (Zvonařka) take bus number 60, get off on second stop - Nové Sady (apx 2minutes). Take tram #1 towards Řečkovice. After two stops you are on the Main railway station, follow instructions above.
From Česká street (City center) take trolley 32 (towards Královo pole) for 4 stops and get off on stop Botanická right in front of the main University building.
- Posters in high-res are avaliable from http://rvokal.fedorapeople.org/devconf/