|Line 90:||Line 90:|
*After the event
*After the event
Revision as of 02:02, 9 January 2016
DevConf.cz is held annually, usually during the second weekend of February (one week after FOSDEM ), at the Brno University of Technology Faculty of Information Technology campus, situated in the north of Brno, Czech Republic.
EMEA Ambassadors Meetup
Because an EMEA Ambassador FAD didn't happen this year, several tasks need to be taken care of, like the creation of the Event Plan for FY2017, participation at events for the next year, budget proposal and allocation, and swag production. For this reason an EMEA Ambassadors meetup will take place in the last day, February 7, after the conference ends. We will have a room from 3PM with good connectivity, so live streaming will also be set up for virtual attendees. There will already be there plenty contributors from EMEA already, for DevConf.
Location and Date
- Location: Faculty of Information Technology Campus, Brno University of Technology.
- Božetěchova 1/2, 612 66 Brno, Czech Republic
- Date: Fri-Sun 5-7 February, 2016
Brno is the second largest city in the Czech Republic and is the historical capital of Moravia. Brno is home to 13 universities, making it one of the most important university cities in the Czech Republic. The 13 universities and colleges are attended by more than 90 000 students. The oldest university in Brno is the Brno University of Technology (est. 1899), with more then 24.000 students. The Brno University of Technology Faculty of Information Technology hosts DevConf.cz.
Brno is located two hours or less by car from three European capitals (Prague, Vienna, and Bratislava). By Plane
- From Brno Airport (BRQ)
- Recommended by the conference
- Brno airport is a small international airport near Brno. There are a few regular flights. This airport is a good option if you're coming from London (Standed - Ryanair, Luton - Wizzair), Munich (Lufthansa), Eindhoven (Wizzair).
- The newly opened flight from Munich (Lufthansa) operates daily except Sunday and dramaticaly improves the flight connection directly to Brno.
- From the airport, city bus #76 will take you to the city centre (30 minutes) and drop you off next to the main train station and Student Agency bus stop.
- You can also take a taxi: approx. 300 CZK/€11.
- From Vienna International Airport (VIE)
- The second option
- The biggest airline hub in Central Europe, flights to many destinations all over the world.
- The easiest way to get from the airport to Brno are the Student Agency buses (online booking possible; use stop Viena Schwechat Airport as your starting place). The direct bus takes 2 hours.
- Alternately, you can take a train from the airport to the city centre of Vienna and then take an EC train to Brno from there.
- Václav Havel Airport Prague (PRG)
- This is the second busiest airport in the region.
- There are no direct coaches between the airport and Brno, but it's possible to book the journey as one ticket with Student Agency with a connection at the Prague main bus station (Florenc). Czech Railways provides shuttle buses between the airport and the Prague main train station.
- To get from the Prague airport to Brno takes at least 3.5 hours by public transport. It is faster to get to Brno from Vienna.
- By Train
Brno has good train connections to several European cities and train is the fastest and most convenient means of transportation between big cities in the region. All intercity trains arrive and depart at the main station Brno hl. n., which is a hub of public transport in the city.
- Train Timetables:
- Prague - trains between Prague and Brno go hourly, 2.5 hours
- Vienna - trains between Wien Hbf and Brno go every hour, 1.5 hour
- Bratislava - from Bratislava Hlavna Stanica hourly, 1.5 hour
- Budapest - from Budapest-Keleti pu several trains every day, 5 hours
- Warsaw - from Warszawa Centralna several times every day (usually one connection), 7 hours
- Berlin - from Berlin Hauptbahnhof several trains every day, 7.5 hours
- By Bus
Brno is part of the European bus network and all connections and their prices are similar to trains. Student Agency and Eurolines provide buses to many european cities. Most Eurolines busses arrive at Brno-Zvonarka, Brno's main bus station. Student Agency buses arrive at a station opposite the Grand Hotel which next to the main train station.
- By Car
Brno is well-connected to other cities by highway. You can get easily to neighboring countries by car. For using the Czech highways you have to purchase a highway sticker. The 10 day sticker costs 350 CZK/13 € and can be purchased at every gas station
Fedora Project Participants
- Put an X in the S column if you need funding of your travel to attend. Then open a ticket in EMEA trac ASAP!
- Group accommodation will be arranged. If you are asking for lodging, please don't book your own accommodation.
Virtual Participants for the meetup
Virtual Communication Channels
- After the event