Puedes leer esto en Español
|We will like to thank you for your interest in Fedora Free Media Program. This is a volunteer initiative under Fedora Distribution Project that aims to distribute Fedora Media (DVDs) for free to individuals who can't afford to buy or download. Please note this is a volunteer initiative by local Fedora Ambassadors or Contributors. More Fedora Ambassadors or Contributors are invited to participate . If you have any question about Freemedia Program please contact Susmit, Neville or Frank. Please do not write directly to program coordinators requesting media|
What to expect
We expect from you to provide time and resources to:
- get the ISO of the current Fedora Release. 32\64 bit DVD, 32\64 Gnome Live, 32\64 KDE Live
- do what you can to help out. 1 or 2 discs p\m, is all we ask.
- pay the wrapping and postage to ship those disks.
You are not expected to provide boxes, printed sleeves or printed labels. Writing with a soft tip marker and a standard CD mailer will be enough.
A FreeMedia Mailer has been created to aid this process and it is available here.
Feel free to donate more media and send printed disk if you wish. You can even send media to other countries if you wish. But remember that this is a volunteer initiative. There are no refunds. Do not expend more that you can afford.
- Unity is defunct iirc.
One thing extra, as volunteer, can be to explore the Fedora Unity Re-Spin. This Re-Spin is the curent version of Fedora, but it includes all the updates at the release day of the Re-Spin.This means that it will require less updates after an installation. The Fedora Unity Re-Spin is usually released after three months of the Official release. For creating a Fedora Unity Re-Spin you will require a Current Official release and use the tool called Jigdo You can find more details at Fedora Unity page. After creating the disk, you confirm with the user if he or she prefer this option or the Official Release.
Obsolete, link for historical purposes. If all these expectations are too much, you can still help us by Making a donation to the program.
How to join
Why two lists?
- Freemedia list is a low traffic list where you can ask questions and communicate ideas related to freemedia. Being on this list is mandatory.
- Freemedia Trac list is a high traffic where every single transaction on the trac system is emailed. If one person open, assign , comment, or close a ticket one email is generated. This should be about 1750 mails every month. Being in this list is optional.
After you have Joined
Members of Freemedia Team
You can check if there is a freemedia contributor on your country at the Member List
Existing Freemedia programs
These have been removed in favour of the trac form: [ https://fedoraproject.org/freemedia/FreeMedia-form.html]