Eclipse in Fedora has had a major update to the Mars (4.5) release. Some key new features in this release include:
- Brand new Docker tooling for managing your Docker containers and images.
- Support for the git flow branching model within the IDE.
- A new Launch Bar for C/C++ projects that highly simplifies launching your projects either on the local machine or on a remote device.
- Many dark theme improvements that enhances the look and feel of Eclipse when using the dark GTK theme variant.
Full details of the release are available in the upstream projects' release notes, which are available from the following locations:
- Eclipse Platform and Java Tooling: https://www.eclipse.org/eclipse/news/4.5/
- Eclipse C/C++ Development Tools: https://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/NewIn87
- Eclipse Linux Tools: https://wiki.eclipse.org/Linux_Tools_Project/News/NewIn40
- Eclipse Git Support: https://wiki.eclipse.org/EGit/New_and_Noteworthy/4.0