Improved Haskell support
Fedora 10 introduces better support for Haskell. With a new set of packaging guidelines and tools, it is incredibly easy to support any Haskell program using the Glasgow Haskell Compiler. Package creation and deployment, leveraging Fedora's quality tools plus a few new friends has never been easier. As support for Haskell grows there will be continued development for Haskell as more libraries are introduced.
Package creation is quite simple. Haskell already provides the infrastructure for compiling and deploying packages consistently. Setting up a package for Fedora takes very little time, meaning code that works in Haskell works in Fedora too.
Fedora also provides tools for enterprise deployment of Fedora packages. With the inclusion of Haskell in Fedora, the developer is now free to write enterprise level applications in Haskell and feel secure knowing the code can be used in Fedora.
Objective CAML (OCaml) coverage greatly extended
Fedora 10 contains the OCaml 3.10.2 advanced programming language and a very comprehensive list of packages:
OCaml was available as an update to Fedora 9 but not in the initial release.
This release of Fedora includes NetBeans IDE, version 6.1. NetBeans IDE is an Integrated Development Environment (IDE) for Java, C/C++, Ruby, PHP, etc. Default configuration of the NetBeans IDE (Java SE IDE configuration) supports development of programs for the Java platform, Standard Edition (Java SE), including development of the modules for the NetBeans Platform.
The NetBeans IDE is a modular system and includes facilities for updating and installing plugins. There is a wide spectrum of plugins for the NetBeans IDE that are provided by community members and third-party companies.
- http://www.netbeans.org/ - Official site of the NetBeans project.
- http://wiki.netbeans.org/ - NetBeans Wiki pages.
- email@example.com - Mailing list for discussion of the packaging issues.
- https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/packages/bugs/netbeans - Bug list for the NetBeans IDE.
- https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/packages/bugs/netbeans-platform8 - Bug list for the NetBeans Platform.
- http://www.netbeans.org/issues/ - Issue Tracker of the NetBeans project. Please, use Component: installer, OS: Linux, Subcomponent: rpm to file the issues related to the NetBeans RPMs.