Fedora Events: FOSSASIA 2014 - Phnom Penh, Cambodia
FOSSASIA is a free event that offers students, developers and start ups a place to meet, share ideas and collaborate. It is a premier place for Open Source communities in Asia to get together with International developers and an opportunity to experience Open Source technologies.
Previous events attracted up to 1400 participants and speakers from 20 countries. Apart from Open Source Software FOSSASIA 2014 will feature a number of Open Hardware projects. In the FOSSASIA business lounge participants can learn about start up ideas and practices and connect with International companies and outsourcing partners.
The Fedora community has participated at FOSSASIA events in Vietnam in previous years and introduced our distribution to many people. The Fedora release party during the event attracted more than 350 students.
Date & Location
- Friday, Saturday and Sunday, the 28th February to 2nd of March 2014
- Norton University, Phnom Phen, Cambodia 
- We will have a track at the event for Fedora related topics. The length of the track depends on how many talks/workshops we want to do.
- There will be a hack room available dedicated to Fedora
- We can set up some tables in the entrance area and help attendees installing Fedora
- Testing Fedora cloud images in Eucalyptus private cloud: by Kushal Das
- Document your code: by Kushal Das
- Fedora Next: An Overview: by Truong Anh Tuan
- Fedora Ambassadors Program: by Truong Anh Tuan
- Fedora Design Suite: by Gnokii
- The Ultimative Fedora A-Z Talk: by Gnokii
- 7 Ways To Contribute To Fedora Without Programming Skills: by Gnokii
Hands on labs/Workshops
- Building a Fedora Clustering/High-Availability System using Pacemaker & Corosync: by Nguyen Nang Thang
- Building a Fedora Clustering/Load Balancing System using Linux Virtual Server: by Nguyen Nang Thang
- Do Your First Steps As Fedora Contributor: by Sirko Kemter, Truong Anh Tuan, Kushal Das
A wide range of accommodation in different categories is available in Phnom Penh.
We would like to book 4 nights from Feb. 27 - March 3 and for oversea participants from Europe 5 nights from Feb.26. To get an idea of the standards in the city and what we will get for that price have a look at a booking site. We calculate 25 USD per person per night.
Please add your name into the wiki.
|Truong Anh Tuan||Ready to share||Not yet||Share room with other Fedorians|
|Sirko Kemter||of course, if it is possible||Not yet|
|Nguyen Nang Thang||Ready to share||Not yet||Share room with other Fedorians|
|Mario Behling||Ready to share||Not yet|
|Your name||Willing to share a room? If so, with whom?||Want to book your own accommodation, yes or no?||Want to say something else? Do it here.|
We are planning a social event at SmallWorld Cambodia.
Spread the Word
Please support the Fedora Activity Days at FOSSASIA. Spread the news and post it to mailing list and friends!
Call for Speakers
FOSSASIA 2014 (http://fossasia.org) is looking for talks and workshops in the area of Open Source Software, Hardware, Open Maps, Fonts, Geo-data, and Open technology solutions to improve living conditions for people in emerging countries. The event will feature a Fedora Linux track. Please join us at FOSSASIA 2014 in Phnom Penh, Cambodia from February 28 - March 2!
The presentation sessions at FOSSASIA will be scheduled a) for 30 minutes and b) for one hour blocks of time. Hands on labs/Workshops can be held in dedicated classrooms. At the entrance we offer an exhibition area for your community projects with space for tables, posters and stands. The deadline for submission is 15 January 2014. Please submit your talk or workshop now at our website at: http://fossasia.org/registration-speakers-and-projects/. Please add your name and talk to the Fedora Wiki at https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FOSSASIA_2014 if you are planning to attend. See you in Phnom Penh!
Follow us on Twitter https://twitter.com/fossasia
Request for Funding
|Type||Expense description||Unit||Est. Cost / unit||# of units||Est. Total Cost||Comments|
|Venue||Sound System for Presentations||day||$170||2||$340||very important!|
||Projectors||day||$15||2||$30||one projector for two days|
|Catering||Water, snacks for volunteers and speakers||pax||$4||20||$80||volunteers, speakers of Fedora meet up|
|Transport||Transport of supplies||day||$20||1||$20||To bring supplies to event location|
|Marketing||T-shirts for volunteers & speakers||pax||$5||30||$150||volunteers, supporters, speakers of Fedora meet up|
|Marketing||Small Banners (e.g. 1x1m)||unit||$50||1||$50||Banner with info about Fedora and Event information|
|Marketing||Printing schedules/leaflets||unit||$80||1||$80||Some copies, info to be distributed|
|Other||Social event for speakers and volunteers||pax||$5||20||$100||volunteers, speakers of Fedora meet up|
|Other||Office (e.g. pens, cables)||unit||$50||1||$50||Cables, adaptors, plugs for PCs|
- Event Organization: https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-apac/ticket/97/
- flight gnokii: https://fedorahosted.org/emea-swag-tracking/ticket/312
- flight Kushal: https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-apac/ticket/98
- flight Tuan: https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-apac/ticket/105
- flight Thang: https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-apac/ticket/106
- Accommodation Ambassadors: https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-apac/ticket/107