This section covers the news surrounding the Fedora Ambassadors Project.
Contributing Writer: Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay
Welcome New Ambassadors
This week the Fedora Ambassadors Project had a couple of new members joining.
Luis Bazan from Panama mentored by Daniel Bruno
Jiří Eischmann from the Czech Republic mentored by Joerg Simon
Summary of traffic on Ambassadors mailing list
Nathaneal Lee informed  about an upcoming online event organized by the Fedora Community in China in line with the Fedora 15 launch
Robyn Bergeron reminded  the decision around NA FUDCon to be taken at the Ambassadors meeting. Jared Smith followed up  by posting the Meeting Minutes  and informing that Blacksburg was preferred over Olin. In the same thread  John Rose pointed out the difficulties of selecting a FUDCon location when a lot of high quality and intensive effort goes on towards creating a good bid for a FUDCon, often leading to disappointment.
David Ramsey announced  the Cloud SIG Test Day 
Igor Pires Soares reminded  about the LATAM Ambassadors meeting on 2011-04-28 
David Ramsey informed  that till date there are 14 Fedora Release Events around Fedora 15 planned at APAC . The Meeting Minutes from the APAC Ambassadors meeting on 2011-04-30  were also posted 
Buddhika Kurera informed  about the Fedora APAC Magazine  discussed during the APAC Ambassadors meeting.
Pierros Papadeas posted  Meeting Minutes of FAmSCo meeting  of 2011-04-30 
David Ramsey informed  about the set of special APAC weekly meetings that have been requested and asked participants to use a survey  to decide on a reasonable time. Further along the thread  it appeared that 1000 and 1100 UTC are the preferred times for the participants.
- ↑ http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/ambassadors/2011-April/017415.html
- ↑ http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/ambassadors/2011-April/017416.html
- ↑ http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/ambassadors/2011-April/017419.html
- ↑ http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fudcon-planning/2011-04-28/fudcon_na_discussion.2011-04-28-01.00.html
- ↑ http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/ambassadors/2011-April/017420.html
- ↑ http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/ambassadors/2011-April/017418.html
- ↑ https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Day:2011-04-28_Cloud_SIG
- ↑ http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/ambassadors/2011-April/017421.html
- ↑ https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Meeting:LATAM_Ambassadors
- ↑ http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/ambassadors/2011-April/017431.html
- ↑ https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F15_release_events
- ↑ http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2011-04-30/apac.2011-04-30-04.00.html
- ↑ http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/ambassadors/2011-April/017424.html
- ↑ http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/ambassadors/2011-April/017427.html
- ↑ https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_APAC_Magazine
- ↑ http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/ambassadors/2011-April/017430.html
- ↑ http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2011-04-30/famsco.2011-04-30-14.12.html
- ↑ https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FAmSCo_agenda
- ↑ http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/ambassadors/2011-May/017433.html
- ↑ http://www.doodle.com/887h4xtab355mry2
- ↑ http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/ambassadors/2011-May/017438.html
Summary of events reported on Ambassadors mailing list
No events were reported on the Ambassadors mailing list
Summary of traffic on FAmSCo mailing list
Neville A. Cross informed  about being unable due to working on the arrangements for the LibreBus event.
Igor Pires Soares called for discussion  around the proposal for a FAD at the 12th Free Software International Forum for which there already exists a plan and budget estimate  Neville A. Cross wondered  if the Budget discussion was a FAmSCo or, a Community Architecture team issue. Igor Pires Soares mentioned  a prior mail to Max Spevack which was awaiting a response and updated that the tasks with the local team are now completed. Pierros Papadeas indicated  that it was justifiable to allocate a budget of ~1000 USD for a FAD and suggested the creation of a wiki page. Igor Pires Soares followed up  with details about the tickets on the trac   And, further that the FAmSCo meeting  approved to fund lodging for those paying airfare and, lodging+airfare for those requests who live near the city of the event hosting.
Igor Pires Soares informed  about the draft of the FAmSCo April report was available on the wiki  for editing.
Gerard Braad notified  about the discussion around resignation  of Larry Cafiero from The Fedora Project and indicated that roles and responsibilities within the FAmSCo needed to be re-assigned. Neville A. Cross indicated  about a possible set of steps including moving a proposal to remove Rahul Sundaram and vote on that.
Neville A. Cross informed  about the state of readiness of the FAmSCo survey built using the Lime Survey service  which now needs to be activated and sent to participants. Gerard Braad corrected  a few typographical errors in the document and signed it off. Neville A. Cross also provided information   around the charges/expenses involved for running the survey.
Gerard Braad responded  to Buddhika Kurera's comments on the FAmSCo meeting minutes of 2011-05-14
- ↑ http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/famsco/2011-May/000775.html
- ↑ http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/famsco/2011-May/000776.html
- ↑ http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/fudcon-planning/2011-May/002174.html
- ↑ http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/famsco/2011-May/000777.html
- ↑ http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/famsco/2011-May/000779.html
- ↑ http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/famsco/2011-May/000781.html
- ↑ http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/famsco/2011-May/000782.html
- ↑ https://fedorahosted.org/famsco/ticket/161
- ↑ https://fedorahosted.org/famsco/ticket/178
- ↑ http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/famsco/2011-May/000783.html
- ↑ http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/famsco/2011-May/000780.html
- ↑ https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FAmSCo_report_2011-04
- ↑ http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/famsco/2011-May/000785.html
- ↑ http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2011-05-14/fedora-meeting.2011-05-14-14.31.html
- ↑ http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/famsco/2011-May/000787.html
- ↑ http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/famsco/2011-May/000788.html
- ↑ http://yn1v.fedorapeople.org/Documents/limesurvey_draf.pdf
- ↑ http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/famsco/2011-May/000790.html
- ↑ http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/famsco/2011-May/000793.html
- ↑ http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/famsco/2011-May/000792.html
- ↑ http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/famsco/2011-May/000789.html
Summary of traffic on Campus Ambassadors mailing list
The mailing list did not have any traffic this week.