In this section, we cover discussion of Fedora virtualization technologies on the @et-mgmnt-tools-list, @fedora-xen-list, and @libvirt-list lists.
Contributing Writer: Dale Bewley
Enterprise Management Tools List
This section contains the discussion happening on the et-mgmt-tools list
Fedora Virtualization List
This section contains the discussion happening on the fedora-virt list.
New Release libguestfs 1.0.41
- squashfs and cramfs support
- better support for read-only access to drives
- many problems with string handling in different language bindings have been fixed
- internationalization support
- ext4 support improved on RHEL 5
- improved support for running commands in the guest
- support for skipping tests
- lvresize and ext2/3 resize support
- pvremove, vgremove, lvremove commands
- sleep command
- IRC channel #libguestfs on FreeNode
See previous release announcement for 1.0.15 in FWN#174 .
New virt-inspector Features
"First up is a new 'query mode'" which prints "out some useful facts about the virtual machine such as whether it's fully virtualized or needs a Xen hypervisor, and whether it has various paravirt drivers installed."
"Secondly (not covered in the manpage), virt-inspector will try to discover whether a VM contains the right initrd drivers and module configuration to boot under various hypervisors. So for example it can tell you whether a guest has the virtio drivers available at boot time to boot from a virtio disk."
Fedora Xen List
This section contains the discussion happening on the fedora-xen list.
This section contains the discussion happening on the libvir-list.