In this section, we cover discussion of Fedora virtualization technologies on the @fedora-virt, @fedora-xen-list, @libguestfs, @libvirt-list, @virt-tools-list, and @ovirt-devel-list lists.
Contributing Writer: Dale Bewley
Fedora Xen List
This section contains the discussion happening on the fedora-xen list.
New Upstream Xen Release
Updated Dom0 Test Kernel
Michael Young posted a test build kernel-2.6.31-0.1.2.52.rc6.xendom0.fc12 found in his repository. "I have had trouble getting x86_64 kernels built over the last week or so to boot, but this one does work. I haven't tried i686."
This section contains the discussion happening on the libguestfs list.
New Release libguestfs 1.0.67
- SELinux support, for guests that use it
- inotify support
- Allow swapon/swapoff from a swap file
- New commands to make hard and symbolic links, readlink
- New commands to grep files
- New commands: fallocate, file-architecture, realpath
- 'file' command can now look in compressed files automatically
This section contains the discussion happening on the libvir-list.
New Release libvirt 0.7.0
"A couple days later than expected, but considering the current flow of fixes, that's not a bad thing. This is a huge release, this includes more than 250 commits in a month and many new functionalities or drivers, and a lot of improvements and bug fixes:"
- Interface implementation based on netcf (Laine Stump Daniel Veillard)
- Add new net filesystem glusterfs (Harshavardhana)
- Initial VMWare ESX driver (Matthias Bolte)
- Add support for VBox 3 and event callbacks on vbox (Pritesh Kothari)
- First version of the Power Hypervisor driver (Eduardo Otubo)
- Run QEMU guests as an unprivileged user (Daniel P. Berrange)
- Support cgroups in QEMU driver (Daniel P. Berrange)
- QEmu hotplug NIC support (Mark McLoughlin)
- Storage cloning for LVM and Disk backends(Cole Robinson)
- Switching to GIT (Jim Meyering)