Echo Icon theme
Make Echo Icon Theme default icon set for Fedora.
- Name: Luya Tshimbalanga, Martin Sourada
- Targeted release: Fedora ??
- Last updated: (2008-10-25)
- Percentage of completion: 0%
- Available in a distribution for a number of releases (non-default)
Echo Icon Theme (echo-icon-theme) is a set of icons designed to be a modern looking, usable and system-wide icon set. It started as a personal project until the community took over. It is basically a successor of Bluecurve but it uses similar metaphors like Tango!, Mango!, Gnome Icon Theme and Oxygen.
Benefit to Fedora
A unique set of icons that combines elegance and usability.
Echo-icon-theme is also available on Rawhide as pre-0.4 version.
- Revise Echo Icon Theme Guidelines
- Decide on used projections - check what other icon themes are using, check the options we have, compare them, decide what would work best
- Prepare various templates
- Create graphical interface for the echo-artist scripts
- Prepare comprehensive todo list for icons we need to create or fix based on usage of icons in various Fedora Spins
- Are all icons following the guidelines and Echo style? Are all icons consistent?
- Create/fix icons based on the todo list
- Work with upstream where various application icons are not themable
- Enable in basic Fedora Spins
- Install/Update echo-icon-theme from rawhide (yum --enable-repo=rawhide install echo-icon-theme)
- Look for misrendered / missing icons and inconsistences
Users will have a fresh look of the icons designed specially for Fedora.
- gnome-icon-theme (in repos)
Stay with Mist/Oxygen icon theme.
Comments and Discussion