(looks ready to me)
(ready for fesco)
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
= Firefox =
== Summary ==
== Summary ==
|Line 49:||Line 49:|
Revision as of 17:34, 29 January 2009
Upgrade Firefox to the latest release in the Mozilla 1.9.1 series. This equates to Firefox 3.1.
- Name: ChristopherAillon
- Targeted release: Fedora 11
- Last updated: 08-JAN-2009
- Percentage of completion: 95%
Rebase Firefox to the latest 3.1 release. This involves a rebase of XULRunner to 1.9.1 as well, and includes rebuilds of some dependent packages.
Benefit to Fedora
There are many improvements to the code in the XR1.9.1/FF3.1 branch including some nice performance wins. It will also give Fedora the latest release in the new line of code and prevent us from having a stale release which could potentially be EOL'd by upstream during F11's lifetime.
Requires rebasing xulrunner and firefox packages to the latest versions upstream and rebuild several packages. As of 08-JAN-2009 the only package that has not been successfully built against the new xulrunner packages is: pcmanx-gtk2, due to changes in the plugin API, https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=455458 . Martin Stransky is currently working on a fix.
- Mozilla upstream has a great testsuite, run it on i386 and x86_64
- Work with Fedora QA to ensure that we have sufficient coverage
- Browsing should be somewhat faster due to various improvements
- New private browsing mode
- xulrunner-1.9.1 (already in rawhide)
There is no turning back.