From Fedora Project Wiki
This feature covers ibus-libpinyin project - ibus front end for libpinyin.
- Name: Peng Wu
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Targeted release: Fedora 18
- Last updated: 2012-06-26
- Percentage of completion: 20%
- Intelligent Pinyin Input Method based on libpinyin.
Benefit to Fedora
- Enhance the experience of Fedora for pinyin ime users by bringing it to a modern standard.
- Make pinyin inputting easier to use by providing intelligent predictive input of Chinese sentences.
How To Test
- Check whether "Intelligent Pinyin" is listed in ibus-setup dialog and default ime list.
- Try to add "Intelligent Pinyin" to ime list, begin to use the new pinyin ime.
- Get some testing sentences, and input them under both "Pinyin" and "Intelligent Pinyin". Note whether the "Intelligent Pinyin" reduces the number of key presses required to enter the sentence.
- With the ibus-libpinyin front end, Chinese users can speed up the pinyin input speed by pressing less keys.
- libpinyin already exists in Fedora 17, ibus-libpinyin is a separate package, but in worst case user can choose to remove the ibus-libpinyin rpm.
ibus-libpinyin front end provides an intelligent pinyin input method and speeds up the user input of Chinese characters.