- An interactive program that gives the user a "fedora-tour"
- A "Welcome to fedora/linux"
- Targeted audience:
- This is only an idea tree, not necessarily the way it will be implemented
- New users
- "New to fedora?"
- info on:
- New users
**** apps **** basic faq (eg "how to update?" could come under tools too) **** tools (eg packagekit) **** fedora community (?) **** common bugs and fixes **** getting help (IRC, forums, lists) **** "join fedora"/ "come be a part" : http://fedoraproject.org/join **** <add more>
- General users
- "what's new in F$release?"
- General users
**** stuff from the "new users" will fit in here too **** how to report a bug?
- Developers ( so basically all fedora users)
**** developer tools overview
- Wiki Page
- Mail fedora-marketing
- Mail Fedora-design
- Blog Posts
- Decide a project structure so we know what to include in the mockup
- Set date/time for first mockup sprint
- RyanRix needs to follow up tomorrow with parents about possible time, will ping franciscod
- Project name to be decided "fedora-tour" as place holder for time being
- Ping firstboot maintainer about changes for project
- Talk to desktop team about what interface they'd prefer (GTK / QT / Browser)
- (later) fedorahosted space once we begin to code
Firstboot Final Page
Add check box to final form of firstboot so that user can choose whether or not to launch this. Will need to ping firstboot maintainer regarding this, make sure that they are aware of possible changes.
User: clumens, Name: Christopher Edward Lumens, email: email@example.com, Creation: 2007-04-05, IRC Nick: , Timezone: UTC, Locale: en, Extension: 5101455, GPG key ID: 530bbbb9, Status: active
- "I'm new to Fedora"
- "Tell me more about the Fedora Project"
- "Tell me more about Fedora Linux"
- "Tell me more about the Fedora Linux and the Fedora Project"
- "Take a quick tour of Fedora $release $codename"
- <insert more as they come to mind>
mchua and franciscod threw around a few ideas to play with, each should be considered.
Pros: Easy maintenance Cons: Dependance on web browser interface limitations
Pros: Faster than loading browser More powerful Matches appearane of default Desktop Spin Cons: Maintenance Learning curve
Pros: Faster than loading browser More powerful Cons: Maintenance Learning curve May seem out of place in Desktop spin (may look better, but out of place)
List blog posts, meeting minutes/logs, chats, etc.
- First meeting
- [23:28] <zodbot> +Meeting ended Thu Nov 26 06:28:02 2009 UTC. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot .
- [23:28] <zodbot> +Minutes: http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-mktg/2009-11-26/fedora-mktg.2009-11-26-05.15.html
- [23:28] <zodbot> +Minutes (text): http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-mktg/2009-11-26/fedora-mktg.2009-11-26-05.15.txt
- [23:28] <zodbot> +Log: http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-mktg/2009-11-26/fedora-mktg.2009-11-26-05.15.log.html