m (category added)
(changed meeting time)
|(4 intermediate revisions by 2 users not shown)|
|Line 2:||Line 2:|
Latest revision as of 19:54, 11 September 2018
Welcome to the Fedora Ambassadors Europe, Middle East, and Africa (FAMEMEA) page. We're working hard to make this page our central point for all Ambassadors in this region. If you are interested in further participating in the Fedora project as an ambassador, we'd love to have you on board.
FAmEMEA - The Fedora Ambassadors of Europe, Middle East, and Africa is a collection of folks who want to share the Fedora message with others in their area, at events and in general.
What you should know about Fedora
- The overview helps explain Fedora's mission and core values, etc.
- Four Foundations; Freedom, Friends, Features and First.
- Please read up on how these foundations integrate into our culture, community and values.
- Understanding each foundation can help when you share this with others you encounter when representing Fedora
- Fedora Talking Points
- Very useful discussion points when folks ask "what is" in Fedora
- Fedora's largest sponsor is Red Hat.
- Most community members are not employees of Red Hat, however.
- Fedora is the upstream of Red Hat and isn't Red Hat beta or anything of the kind.
Upcoming FAmEMEA events
The Fedora Events page has a full listing of events where all regions list their upcoming events. This goes for FAmEMA members too. If you are an ambassador and would like to hold an event, big or small (greater than 5-10 people), it should go on the Events page. The benefit of this is that we can track how many events each region has and how to plan for the same Quarters in upcoming years. EMEA specific events are also listed in the wiki.
Please check the Reimbursement page.
FAmEMEA will happily provide approved ambassadors with resources to share Fedora with people at events or just in their area. You do have to make a request though, so that we can make sure all the requirements are met. FAmEMEA provides several items that can be handed out, these include:
- Live/Install Media
- Stickers, Buttons, etc.
Swag is tracked on the FAmEMEA Trac instance.
Ambassador Polo shirts are tracked in the wiki.
The EMEA ambassadors meet on irc.freenode.net, #fedora-meeting, on each Tuesday at 19:00 UTC. See previous/upcoming Meetings.
During meetings, tasks are assigned to individuals willing to complete work. Usually, this is simple stuff like announcing an event on mailing lists, blogging about something cool, etc. However, we do have more lengthy tasks as well.
The EMEA ambassador budgets are available in the wiki: