The Go/No-Go meeting
Before each public release Development, QA, and Release Engineering meet to determine if the release criteria are met for a particular release. This meeting is called the: Go/No-Go Meeting.
FPGM key responsibility is to lead this important meeting.
This meeting is held for every public release - that means Alpha, Beta and Final and may reoccur for each milestone when release is slipped.
- Invitation and reminder for the first Go/No-Go meeting for each milestone is sent on Mondays, as scheduled in schedule, to the devel-announce, test-announce and Fedora Logistic lists. Date, time and IRC meeting channel is communicated. Other ways of notifying key persons (release engineering, QA and development) is welcome (use Fedocal, other calendaring systems, direct pings etc.). Additional invitations for Go/No-Go meetings for each milestones could be sent later as more information about current status could be carried in the email.
- The Go/No-Go meeting is held on Thursdays, 17:00 UTC. It's recommended to use #fedora-meeting-2 channel as it can span through more than 1 hour slot.
- See IRC protocol for meeting hints
- If release status if Go, FPGM has to
- announce the result to the devel-announce, test-announce and Fedora Logistic lists
- update release engineering ticket with final decision (and mention RC), reopen the ticket
- notify related parties
- If release status is No-Go, FPGM has to
- update schedules (both wiki and TaskJuggler schedule)
- announce the result and next Go/No-Go meetings details to the devel-announce, test-announce and Fedora Logistic lists
#startmeeting F[version] [milestone = Alpha, Beta, Final] Go/No-Go meeting #meetingname F[version] [milestone = Alpha, Beta, Final] Go/No-Go meeting #topic Roll Call #chair [xxx] #topic Purpose of this meeting #info Purpose of this meeting is to see whether or not F[version] [milestone = Alpha, Beta, Final] is ready for shipment, according to the release criteria. #info This is determined in a few ways: #info No remaining blocker bugs #info Release candidate compose is available #info Test matrices for [milestone = Alpha, Beta, Final] are fully completed #link http://qa.fedoraproject.org/blockerbugs/milestone/21/alpha/buglist #link https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Results:Fedora_21_Alpha_RC1_Install #link https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Results:Fedora_21_Alpha_RC1_Base #link https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Results:Fedora_21_Alpha_RC1_Desktop #link https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Results:Fedora_21_Alpha_RC1_Server #topic Current status #topic Mini blocker review (lead by QA representative based on Blocker Review process) #topic Test Matrices coverage #topic Go/No-Go decision proposal #agreed Fedora [version] [milestone = Alpha, Beta, Final] status is go by Release Engineering, QA and Development