Puedes leer esto en Español
How FreeMedia Works
At the begining of each month a Form to Request Media is opened. This form captures requests from all people. This form does not include those countries that are listed as embargoed in the Export Matrix List. After the form has been closed, the volunteers pick the closest request so the shipping costs are kept low.
- When a user requests Media, a ticket is opened. The user receives an email confirming that the ticket is open.
- Tickets may be closed due to lack of description. The user will receive an email stating that the ticket has been closed
- As we depend on Voluntary resources, we cannot assure that every ticket will be fulfilled.
- When a FreeMedia Team Member accepts a request, the ticket is commented and the user receives an email.
- The Member can take some time to burn the media and take it to the post office, sometimes up to ten days.
- When a FreeMedia Team Member sends the media, the team member closes the ticket and the user receives an email stating that the Media is on its way.
- Shipping time can vary depending on where in the world the FreeMedia Team Member resides.
- One media per person per release + source media if requested.
- Any duplicate requests will be canceled.
- If you're a Fedora Ambassador or Fedora Contributor, you will not receive any DVD via this program. Freemedia does not provide disks for events.
- Please note that this is a volunteer initiative by local Fedora Ambassadors or Contributors.
- Please note we can't ship media to U.S. embargoed or restricted destinations. See Fedora Export Control Product Matrix
- Per Fedora Project Board's recommendation , physical media with source code is available upon request.
- Media is produced by volunteers, we don't ship media with commercial grade labels or printing.
Before you fill in the form, please remember that this program runs with limited resources. We ask that you use the form only if you cannot download media, attend an event, or get media elsewhere such as from an Ambassador (map), online vendor or local vendor. By limiting form usage to people who are truly in need, we can make sure that our efforts are properly prioritized. As this is a voluntary effort we provide home made media, do not expect elaborated labels and printing. Thank you!
Here is the FreeMedia form. If you receive a CLOSED message, it means that we have filled all the requests we can handle this month, and you can try again next month.
Freemedia is a wonderful idea and coordinates small contributions from people around the world to deliver media to those who otherwise would not be able to enjoy Fedora. All this is made using Fedora Infrastructure. If you like this concept, and you like Fedora, you can easily become a member. We only ask that you ship two discs monthly, so please consider joining the Freemedia team.
We appreciate all of the support and interest we have received so far, and we hope that more volunteers will step forward to help us increase our capacity and accept a larger number of requests.
You can help us making a Donation to the program.
- For historical records, visit Fedora Free Media Program Archive page.