This is a basic template of information you can use for filling out a GSoC application for the Fedora Project.
- 1 Template
- 1.1 Contact Information
- 1.2 Questions to answer
- 1.2.1 Why do you want to work with the Fedora Project?
- 1.2.2 Do you have any past involvement with the Fedora Project or another open-source project as a contributor?
- 1.2.3 Have you participated in GSoC in the past? If so, what year(s) and which organization(s)?
- 1.2.4 Do you plan to continue contributing to the Fedora Project after GSoC? If yes, what sub-project(s) are you interested with?
- 1.2.5 Why should we choose you over other applicants?
- Email Address: Preferably the one used when FAS account was setup (if not, please specify this)
- Blog URL: personal or fedora planet link
- Freenode IRC Nick: Beginner's Guide To IRC
- Code Forges (GitHub, GitLab, BitBucket, etc.): both your personal handle and any orgs / previous projects you've worked on
- Social Media Accounts:
NOTE: We require all students to blog about the progress of their project on a weekly basis. You are strongly encouraged to register on the Freenode network and participate in our IRC channels. For more information and other instructions, use the summer-coding mailing list for seeking clarification.