The supplemental wallpaper wrangler oversees the supplemental wallpaper process, and is a duty that can rotate every release given the interest of the current maintainer.
The responsibilities of the supplemental wallpaper wrangler include:
- Setting a deadline for the wallpaper submissions which will be posted on the current Supplemental Wallpapers page.
- Announcing the supplemental wallpapers process. When advertising this note that supplemental wallpapers should be photography-based.
- Monitor the submissions on the wiki. Post follow-up announcements as needed to solicit more submissions
- After the deadline has passed, moderate a discussion on design-team mailing list to narrow it down to (? 15 or so) wallpapers.
- Contact the winning artists, get their okay, confirm the license on each image.
- Work with a packager to have the wallpapers packaged.
- Announce selected wallpapers on planet.fedoraproject.org