Information security is a specialized skill-set that requires years of education and experience to master. Unfortunately, many security gurus agree that it's next to impossible to teach many of the skills necessary to become an expert. While we agree with this we'll, in any case, try to lead those willing to put in the time to expand their knowledge of information security.
Below, is a list of resources, broken down by subject, to help those with an interest in information security expand their horizons.
Basic Security Topics
- Fedora Security Features Matrix
- Fedora Secure Coding Guidelines
- Security-related presentations by Ulrich Drepper
- 2011 CWE/SANS Top 25 Most Dangerous Software Errors
- Avoiding the Top 10 Software Security Design Flaws
- Software Assurance Maturity Model
- Security Testing Guide
- Buffer Overflow Attacks: Detect, Exploit, Prevent - Book
- OWASP free and open software security community
- OWASP Security DevGuide - Book