OpenID Connect Authentication
Fedora Infrastructure is using OpenID Connect authentication, and this page is used to document the implementation details.
For development purposes, there is https://iddev.fedorainfracloud.org/. For staging and production client secrets please file an Infrastructure ticket.
Some basic terminology required to read this page:
- OpenID Provider (OP)/ the Ipsilon deployment, this is the part that does user authentication and issues tokens
- Identity Provider (IdP): see OpenID Provider
- Relying Party (RP): any application that runs the OpenID Connect protocol.
- Resource Server: any application that accepts tokens issued by the OpenID Provider.
- UserInfo: TBD
- ID Token: TBD
- Configuration URL for dynamic configuration: https://id.fedoraproject.org/openidc/.well-known/openid-configuration
- Authorization Endpoint: https://id.fedoraproject.org/openidc/Authorization
- Token Endpoint: https://id.fedoraproject.org/openidc/Token
- UserInfo Endpoint: https://id.fedoraproject.org/openidc/UserInfo
- Token Introspection URL: https://id.fedoraproject.org/openidc/TokenInfo
For Flask, the suggested client is Flask-OIDC, for both clients and resource servers. For other clients, no clients have been suggested at this point, please get in touch if you have suggestions.
Custom UserInfo fields
|groups||List of groups the user is a member of||groups|
|cla||List of CLA URIs the user hs signed||cla|
In the Fedora Infrastructure, various applications are defined that specify various possible token scopes. These scopes are recorded here.
Every service will first list it's base namespace, and then the scope ID and a short summary of the scopes. To get the full scope to request, append the scope ID to the base namespace. So for example, to get the group information, this becomes: https://id.fedoraproject.org/scope/groups
Registering new scopes
To register a new set of scopes, please feel free to just create a new section. Also, once this is finalized, please open a ticket on https://pagure.io/fedora-infrastructure/ to request the scopes being added to the staging/production systems.
These scopes are standardized, and not namespaced.
Availability: Development, Staging, Production.
|Scope ID||Claims provided|
|profile||name, nickname, preferred_nickname, profile, zoneinfo, locale, updated_at|
Base namespace: https://id.fedoraproject.org/scope/
|groups||Provides the "groups" attribute in the User Info.|
|cla||Providees the "cla" attribute in the User Info.|