The Fedora Design Team is the design group of the Fedora project. Our interests are not only in creating graphics for use by the Fedora community, but also in advocating the use of the creative tools that are a part of Fedora.
While filing bug reports and providing feedback is extremely valuable, we also need help with our active projects. If you would like to contribute, please complete the following steps:
Let us get to know you.
- Join the mailing list.
- Introduce yourself to the mailing list; talk about your art/design experience and interests so we'll know what kinds of design tasks you might be interested in helping out with.
- Sign up for a Fedora Account, you'll need it later!
- Complete the Fedora Project Contributor Agreement (FPCA) through the Account System . This will ensure that the contributions you make are properly licensed!
- Complete a small task to join the team. To find something to work on, you can do any of the following:
- Claim and complete a design ticket at the design service queue
- Create artwork for a badge needing artwork at the Fedora badges queue.
- Email the mailing list to be assigned a task.
- Nota: We definitely recommend for folks starting out with our team to look for tasks that are not icon-related. Icon designs pose additional burdens and challenges that we don't want you to have to deal with just starting out! The same applies to logos
- Once you've completed an initial draft of your design task, submit it to the mailing list for feedback and approval.
- Once your design is approved, send a message to the design-team mailing list requesting an invite to the design-team group. Provide your Fedora Account username so we can add you in.
- Add yourself to the Contributors list .
After you have completed these steps, you can begin contributing to a project as a full member of the design team. Most submissions are posted to the wiki or through CVS. Questions may be asked and suggestions offered by submitting them to the IRC or list server. You can also visit #fedora-design or #fedora-websites on freenode to ask for help.
Canais de Comunicação da Equipa de Desenho do Fedora
Lista de Endereços (Discussão)
The place to discuss issues related to the Fedora Design Team is the mailing list. You can follow this list using gmane.
You can chat live with other members of the Design Team in the #fedora-art or #fedora-design channel on freenode .
Sites de "Hangout" da Comunidade
- Flickr group: http://www.flickr.com/groups/fedora-art/
- deviantart http://fedora-art.deviantart.com/
- All list messages, excerpted texts: http://rss.gmane.org/messages/excerpts/gmane.linux.redhat.fedora.artwork
- Topics from the list, excerpted texts: http://rss.gmane.org/topics/excerpts/gmane.linux.redhat.fedora.artwork
- All list messages, full texts: http://rss.gmane.org/messages/complete/gmane.linux.redhat.fedora.artwork
- Topics from the list, full texts: http://rss.gmane.org/topics/complete/gmane.linux.redhat.fedora.artwork
- Fedora Logo - Fedora logo information, including usage guidelines.
- MarketingCollateral - Marketing materials, such as banners, posters, etc. - artwork for practical physical application.
- PromoBanners - Promo Banners and their sources, used for the fedoraproject.org banner system. Please feel free to use these in order to promote Fedora on your own site or blog.
- Widgets - Fedora-specific web/user-interface widgets.
- Theming Overview - Theming documentation.
- Bluecurve Icon Theme - Bluecurve is Fedora's icon theme; it is GPL-licensed and SVG source artwork is available.
- Echo Icon Theme - A new icon theme aiming to replace Bluecurve for Fedora.
- MediaArt - Fedora CD/DVD Media Artwork
- SoC Posters - Google summer of code posters
- T-Shirt Design - T-Shirt graphics created for general use, various events and do-yourself printing.
- Media Gallery - Raw materials created by the art team for use in Fedora collateral. Photos, illustrations, and more.
- How to run Supplemental Wallpaper process- Todo for running supplemental wallpaper process