m (→All Contributors: Format edit)
m (→CVS Doc Writers and Editors: Format edit)
|Line 49:||Line 49:|
A GPG key.
Familiarity with the [[DocsProject/DocumentationGuide| Documentation Guide]] .
A Fedora CVS account.
A Fedora certificate (<code>~/.fedora.cert</code>)
A SSH keypair to access CVS (the keys must use RSA).
Cc: on the Bugzilla bugs that track your documents (ask CVS admin).
A subscription to [http://redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-docs-commits fedora-docs-commits] mailing list.
Revision as of 15:19, 28 May 2008
This page provides detailed information about what you need to do, how to do it, and why you need to do it. Use the contents to jump the sections you're interested in.
All contributors need:
Subscription to the fedora-docs-list mailing list.
- This is the primary forum used for discussions about the docs: we use it for everything, from developing new ideas to refining old ones. By subscribing to this list you're sure to know about everything that's going on with the DocsProject!
A self introduction sent to the list.
- This is a great way to get started in the project. It lets everyone know what you would like to work on, and they can advise you on the best way forward.
A Fedora Project account.
- The account system has several benefits, including helping us to maintain our Free and Open Source status. Find out more about the account system , which includes FAQs about common concerns.
A Bugzilla account.
- This enables you to submit patches and suggestions for documents through the Bugzilla system. Submissions made this way are sent straight to their author, and should always be responded to.
Draft Doc Writers and Editors
(./) Add the regular expression for the document(s) on which you are working in your UserPreferences under Subscribed wiki pages. For example, these expressions watch three documents:
Docs/Drafts/AdministrationGuide.* Docs/Draft/Glossary.* Docs/Drafts/DesktopUserGuide.*
This expression watches all changes in the draft area:
CVS Doc Writers and Editors
- A GPG key.
- Familiarity with the Documentation Guide .
- A Fedora CVS account.
- A Fedora certificate (
- A SSH keypair to access CVS (the keys must use RSA).
- Cc: on the Bugzilla bugs that track your documents (ask CVS admin).
- A subscription to fedora-docs-commits mailing list.