This page provides detailed information about what you need to do, how to do it, and why you need to do it. Use the contents to jump the sections you're interested in.
All contributors need:
- Subscription to the fedora-docs-list mailing list.
- This is the primary forum used for discussions about the docs: we use it for everything, from developing new ideas to refining old ones. By subscribing to this list you're sure to know about everything that's going on with the DocsProject!
- A self introduction sent to the list.
- This is a great way to get started in the project. It lets everyone know what you would like to work on, and they can advise you on the best way forward.
- A Fedora Project account.
- A Bugzilla account.
- This enables you to submit patches and suggestions for documents through the Bugzilla system. Submissions made this way are sent straight to their author, and should always be responded to.
Draft doc writers and editors
- Everything in #All_contributors and ...
- Read the guidelines in the Documentation Guide , and WritingUsingTheWiki
- Watch the document(s) which you are working on in Special:Preferences or by clicking on the watch link. Read Watchlist_How-To for more tips.
CVS Doc Writers and Editors
- Everything in #Draft doc writers and editors and ...
- A GPG key.
- Familiarity with the Documentation Guide .
- A Fedora CVS account.
- A Fedora certificate (
- A SSH keypair to access CVS (the keys must use RSA).
- Cc: on the Bugzilla bugs that track your documents (ask CVS admin).
- A subscription to fedora-docs-commits mailing list.