November 8-13th, 2015, in Washington, D.C.
Note that the expo floor (and therefore our booth) is Wednesday from noon to 7pm and Thursday from 10am to 2pm
This is basically the premiere conference for systems administration, operations, and large-scale systems engineering.
Matthew Miller — booth duty, possibly helping with birds of a feather.
Corey Sheldon -- booth duty , demos
For this audience, we'll want to cover:
- Fedora Workstation on sysadmin desktops and laptops. (Many people will, however, run a corporate standard build; either RHEL-based or a proprietary OS, due to company policies.)
- Fedora Server — talk about how it can fit in with RHEL and CentOS as part of the whole ecosystem. "Stay ahead of changes" is a good story here.
- Fedora Cloud — same
- Fedora Atomic — I bet containers and container tech will be a big topic
- Possibly work with the Cloud folks for an atomic host demo of Cloud Server / Server installs and intregation
For 22 Oct FAMNA meeting:
- More detail on needed funding if any requested from mattdm
Travel likely needed for Matthew Miller Matthew is funding travel from his own (small but non-zero) FPL budget
$50 may be requested for travel for Corey Sheldon (lives in local area)
Note that Red Hat is funding a shared booth for community-sponsored projects. We'll be hanging out with our friends from CentOS, RDO, oVirt, and etc.
Travel Subsidy Requests
$50 possible for gas /bus -- Corey Sheldon
will be reported / promoted on https://linux-modder.blogspot.com
Event box / banners shipped by Southern_Gentlmen and tracking numbers dispersed to needed staff /parties. --Nov 3