Fedora will be exhibiting at LinuxFest NorthWest
What, When, Where
LinuxFest NorthWest (LFNW) 2018
- LinuxFest Northwest (LFNW)
- Saturday, April. 28th and Sunday, April 29th, 2018
- Bellingham Technical College
- Air to BLI, Drive I-5, Rail, Bus or Ferry to Bellingham Port, or Ride-Share
LinuxFest Northwest (LFNW) 2018 is the 19th annual premier Linux event in the northwestern U.S. Two days of Linux related talks, exhibition space for clubs and vendors, after-fest event on Saturday and the World Famous Raffle. About 2600 people attended in 2017.
The event is free but you will need a badge to get into events, so register online and you can pick up your badge at the Friday Night Party or at the festival.
Two hotels near the conference and airport have special LFNW rates and there are many other hotels in the area.
For students and professionals, Fedora offers the stable Workstation. Fedora Workstation allows for multitasking, multiple monitors, and many Office and Development applications. Fedora is not only an alternative to competing OS's, it is a stable replacement.
- Connect with educators, students and developers interesting in Fedora and Python.
- Held at Bellingham Technical College, LFNW attracts students and instructors from other Technical colleges using Linux and Python.
- WWU is Washington State’s teachers college where Python qualifies as a math requirement. WWU students, teachers and staff attend LFNW.
- Buses bring developers from tech companies in Seattle, Vancouver and beyond. Many of these developers use python and are interested in contributing to open source.
- Fedora Python Classroom
- Fedora solution for teaching, learning and using Python.
- Fedora solution for teaching environments with USB key, Vagrant, Docker or installed group.
We meet many current Fedora users at LFNW and a few who joined as contributors to documentation and testing.
- Contact input from QR-connection branch of beefy-connection.
- Update badge
- Any input?
- Any query you want to ask 2000 Linux enthusiast?
- Anything new with Python Classroom, Vagrant, or Docker?
- Anything new about Fedora related to Python?
- May need help patching fedmsg into the QR-connection kiosk.
Available when announced
Guests can use ARM single board computers to enter comments and questions about Fedora.
Guests may demo Ninja IDE and Jupyter notebooks.
The OLPC will show Pippy for Fedora Loves Python or games for younger guests.
Friday booth setup 3PM to 5PM. Saturday and Sunday Exhibition hall open from 9AM to 5PM.
|Jeff Sandys||X||X||X||Staying at Hotel Bellingham Airport|
|Jeff Fitzmaurice||X||X||X||Commuting daily|
|Sponsorship||$500 to $750||Ambassador||See budget ticket|
|Hotel||$300 to $500||Ambassador||Hotel Bellingham Airport $84 a night|
|Travel||$0 to $1000||Ambassador||Python Classroom Lab Expert|
|Swag||$150 to $350||Ambassador||Assorted|
|Shipping||$150||Ambassador||event box and banners, Round Trip L.A.|
|Total||$1050 to $2500||Ambassador|
- Update Python Classroom Placards
- Update Fedora Badge graphics team ticket
- Branch beefy-connection to read QR codes