The Fedora Marketing team develops marketing strategy to promote the usage and support of Fedora worldwide. Through the development of processes and content, this project aims to support the efforts of other Fedora projects to spread Fedora and to provide a central repository of ideas and information that can be used to deliver Fedora to new audiences.
For that, we are closely working with the Fedora Ambassadors, this is the grass-roots team that spreads Fedora on the ground and allows the Fedora Project to interact directly with its existing and prospective users.
Essentially, the Fedora Marketing team ensures that people in Fedora can consistently explain to everyone what Fedora is and why they should care!
Joining the Fedora Marketing Project
To learn how to join Fedora Marketing Project, please see the Join page.
Press and Public Relations
Here are some of the aspects on which you can work by joining the Fedora marketing group:
- Help us communicate with the press at a global level
- Help spread news on all major development updates, releases, new projects and events related to Fedora. Consider picking one or two stories and alerting the press about it.
- Collect user testimonials and publish them on this wiki. This marketing interview guide might help you with questions for interviewing people who have Fedora success stories. File:Fedora Mktg Reference Guide.odt
- Distribute Fedora to the public and demonstrate its advantages
- Solicit Linux User Groups members to use and contribute to Fedora
- Dispel common myths and educate the public about Fedora
These resources will help you take Fedora to the people:
- Fedora Presentations
- Fedora Press Archive
- Surveys of Fedora users
- Fedora Community Rewards Program
- Fedora Banners
- Fedora Flyer
- Fedora Statistics Poster
- Fedora Posters
- Social Networks
- Fedora press material
- The Marketing schedule contains the official agenda of the Fedora Marketing project.
- The Marketing tasks list shows open Fedora Marketing issues.
- The Marketing brain dump is our sandbox for new ideas, thoughts, and future Marketing goals.
Meetings may be held on IRC to discuss the progress of the Fedora Marketing project.
The Fedora Marketing mailing list, firstname.lastname@example.org , hosts discussions related to Marketing. Anyone interested in marketing Fedora should join this list.
The contributors page lists active Fedora Marketing contributors.