Sometime before the meeting
- Check the New/reopened ticket report and move things to the meeting status so that they appear on the meeting agenda. This report should generally stay completely empty; otherwise we're not acting on tickets.
- Check needinfo tickets (need to write this report) to see if they should still be in needinfo. Ping old ones, close really old ones, and move answered to meeting status if ready for discussion.
Day before the meeting
- Do the Pre-Meeting agenda report and announce agenda to the devel mailing list.
On the day of the meeting
- Have a copy of the agenda open (in email or otherwise to cut and paste from).
- Paste the following into IRC (#fedora-meeting-1) to start the meeting and ping everyone:
#startmeeting fpc #meetingname fpc #topic Roll Call /msg geppetto,limburgher,mbooth,orionp,racor,Rathann,SmootherFr0gZ,tibbs,tomspur FPC: /join #fedora-meeting-1
- Then #chair people as they respond.
- See who is present. For quorum we need to have five members. Three or more members can sometimes have productive meetings to discuss drafts and come up with questions for tickets and even partial voting (with the remainder of votes to come in tickets). You have to have a rough feeling for the state of the tickets to know if this will be worthwhile.
- Show the Schedule/agenda to everyone:
#topic Schedule #link LINK
Where the LINK is the URL to the archived schedule posted to the mailing list.
- For each agenda item, paste the #topic line and the .fpc command.
#topic #NNN - Summary .fpc NNN
- It's good to stick close to the order of items in the agenda so people reading the agenda can know whether their issue is likely to come up, however, you may want to deviate if an item is important (example: necessary for a Fedora Change or blocking a FESCo decision) or if the submitter of a ticket is present at the meeting.
- Also -- if we have many tickets, meetings tend to last for two hours but not everyone can stay that long. try to put important business into the first hour.
- When you get close to two hours or do not have enough members to hold a good discussion about tickets it's time to end the meeting.
- Do an open floor in case someone has something to bring up.
#topic Open Floor
- End the meeting
- Summarize all discussions in the fpc tickets
After the meeting
- Check the Tickets pending write-up report, pick any unassigned ticket, update the wiki accordingly, add a short announcement to the ticket and set its state to 'announce'. Note that for bundled library requests, most tickets need only to be moved to the "Bundled Library Tracking" component, and be closed with resolution "accepted".
- Check the Tickets pending announcement report, concatenate the announcement info in each, and post to the devel-announce list.