Provenpackagers are members of the 'provenpackager' group. In addition to the rights granted to members of 'packager', provenpackagers are able to commit changes to packages they do not own or maintain. It is possible for a maintainer to deny access to provenpackagers for his particular package, but the vast, vast majority of packages can be changed by provenpackagers. To exclude a package from provenpackagers access you have open a ticket at [https://fedorahosted.org/fesco] and explain why provenpackagers should not have access to it. FESCo will discuss and vote on one of the weekly meetings about your request.
Provenpackager is a group of skilled package maintainers who are experienced in a wide variety of package types and who are familiar with the packaging guidelines and package maintainer policies as well as acutely aware of release schedule and freeze policies. They lend a hand when help is needed, always with a desire to improve the quality of Fedora. They should be careful not to change other people packages needlessly and try to do the minimal changes in packages to fix problems, as explained more in depth in the policy explaining when one is allowed to modify a package.
To become a member of the provenpackager, the procedure is the following:
- Make desire known to FESCo. This can be done in any fashion - private mail to the chair, on fedora-devel-list, via IRC (probably not really recommended), via mail to email@example.com, filing a ticket at the Trac instance, applying to the group, carrier pigeon, etc. It is helpful if you specify what you plan to do with the access in the communication.
- If reason for access is not stated, the FESCo chair may ask for clarification from the individual requesting access what they plan to do with the access.
- The FESCo chair will send an e-mail to the sponsors list for the packager group. Debate will take place on the list for a period of one week normally.
- FESCo will vote at it's weekly meeting on the proposals.
- If you fullfill the requirements to become a member of the provenpackager group you will get a notification after your request will been approved.