- This test case tests that ABRT's ability to report crashes to Bugzilla works correctly.
- If you don't have an account on Bugzilla, create one.
How to test
- Ensure you have the plugin installed with the command
su -c 'yum install libreport-plugin-bugzilla'
- Ensure that the abrtd and abrt-applet processes are both running
- Kill a running process with the command
kill -SIGSEGV (pid). It must be a process that is part of a signed Fedora package
- Click on the pop-up notification to start abrt-gui
- Select the entry matching the recently crashed application, click Open
- Write "ABRT2 testing, please disregard" in problem description
- At reporting step, choose Bugzilla as a reporting event
- Use "Preferences" button in the same window to set up your Bugzilla account information
- Proceed to reporting using "Forward"/"Apply" buttons
- If reporting is unsuccessful, please include the reporting log in your abrt bug report. Reporting log can be cut and pasted from the GUI report window, or retrieved from event_log file in problem data directory (e.g.
- Log message should appear, with information about the crash and a link to the reported bug
- A bug entry should be filed in Bugzilla, the entry should be assigned to the package you crashed, and the traceback of the crash should be attached (exception to this is the case when you report duplicate bug - in that case you are added to the CC field of the duplicate and only your comment and package version is posted to the bug report).
After completing this test case, please close the bug as NOTABUG.