This test case tests the functionality of the ABRT command line interface.
How to test
- After running previous ABRT test cases you probably have a bunch of crash reports in cache. If not do some crashing:
kill -SIGSEGV (pid)
- First investigate them via abrt-gui — which packages crashed, when, version, etc.
- Check that /etc/abrt/plugins/Bugzilla.conf and ~/.abrt/Bugzilla.conf does not contain login and password. ~/.abrt/Bugzilla.conf might not even exist if you didn't create it.
abrt-cli --get-list-fullin terminal to show all crashes.
abrt-cli --get-listto show unreported crashes.
- Try crash reporting: run
abrt-cli --report <uid>:<uuid>to report a crash, identifying it via UID:UUID pair.
- ABRT analyzes the crash and creates a report about it. This might take a while. When the report is ready, abrt-cli opens text editor with the content of the report. You can see what is being reported, and you can fill in instructions on how to reproduce the crash and other comments. When you are done with the report, save your changes and close the editor.
- You will be asked if you want to report using some reporter plugin. Respond Y for Bugzilla reporter, and N to skip reporting using Logger.
- When reporting via Bugzilla plugin, abrt-cli should ask for login and password.
- Create ~/.abrt/Bugzilla.conf:
- Try the crash reporting again, this time using
abrt-cli --report @<x>to report a crash using its ordinal number <x>. This time abrt-cli takes your login and password from the configuration file instead of asking you.
- Another short form is
abrt-cli --report <uuid_prefix>. Prefix must be unique, otherwise abrt-cli will complain.
abrt-cli --report-always <uuid-or-@x>to report the crash without confirming, using all reporters associated with the crash.
abrt-cli --delete <uuid-or-@x>to delete item with chosen UUID or ordinal number
- Option --get-list-full shows all crashes
- Option --get-list shows all not-yet-reported crashes
- Option --report shows crash report and asks for confirmation before sending it
- Option --report-always sends crash report
- Option --delete deletes crash