This test case tests the functionality of the ABRT feature using the Logger plugin.
How to test
- Ensure you have the plugin installed:
yum install abrt-plugin-logger
/etc/abrt/abrt.confand be sure the Logger plugin in the CCpp and Python sections. For example:
- CCpp = Bugzilla, Logger
- Python = Bugzilla, Logger
- Restart ABRT:
# service abrt restart
- Confirm that the abrt and abrt-applet processes are both running
- Kill a running process: kill -SIGSEGV (pid). It must be a process that is part of a signed Fedora package
- Click on the panel applet to start abrt-gui
- Select the entry matching the recently crashed application, then click on Report, select Logger plugin.
- At the report window, click Send
- After you click Send, a notification window should report: "Logger: Report was stored into: /var/log/abrt-logger"