This test case tests the functionality of the ABRT feature using the Mailx plugin. To install the plugin in the needed version, you need to enable the test-day abrt repository by downloading fedora-abrt.repo file and placing it in your /etc/yum.repos.d
How to test
- Ensure you have the plugin installed with the command
su -c 'yum install libreport-plugin-mailx'
- Ensure that the abrtd and abrt-applet processes are both running
- Kill a running process with the command
kill -SIGSEGV (pid). It must be a process that is part of a signed Fedora package
- Start gnome-abrt (either from cmdline or from application menu).
- Select the entry matching the recently crashed application, then choose Analyze.
- At reporting step, choose Mailx as a reporting event
- Use Preferences button in the same window to configure the plugin, set your email as the recipient.
- Proceed to reporting using "Forward"/"Apply" buttons.
- If reporting is unsuccessful, please include the reporting log in your abrt bug report. Reporting log can be cut and pasted from the GUI report window, or retrieved from event_log file in problem data directory (e.g.
- Check the the email if the message from ABRT has arrived (might take a few minutes).