This test boots any available installation method (CDROM, DVD, or network) and requests a "rescue" install. For details on booting into rescue mode please refer to the Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4: System Administration Guide .
Steps To Reproduce
- Boot the installer using any available means (CDROM, DVD, http, ftp, or nfs) with the rescue command-line parameter
- If doing a network installation, specify the remote installation source for grabbing stage2 anaconda (e.g. nfs, http, or ftp)
- Instruct anaconda to scan your disks for existing installations
- Select "OK" to chroot into /mnt/sysimage for your existing installation
- Anaconda should prompt for language, keymap, and installation media (e.g. nfs, http, ftp, local cdrom, hard drive)
- Anaconda should find stage2 images and proceed to disk scan prompt
- Scanning your disk for existing installations must pass
- Selecting OK will present you with a shell where you are able to see the previuos installation mounted under /mnt/sysimage.
- Additionaly you may be able to execute chroot /mnt/sysimage /bin/bash without error (e.g. use ls, cd, mkdir in the chroot-ed environment)