This test case is intended to introduce a failure, and validate anaconda is able to properly handle the failure and report the issue to bugzilla. This test case relies on an updates.img that will intentionally cause the installation to fail in a manner that is non-destructive to your existing system. For more information in using an updates.img, see Anaconda/Updates.
How to test
- Boot the installer by any available means (CD, DVD, boot.iso or PXE). When booting, you must direct the installer towards an updates.img using this method below.
- If you also wish to test
- When prompted, make language and keyboard selections.
- Depending on your installation method, you maybe prompted for a remote installation source. Make a selection and continue.
- Upon entering stage2 of the installer, you will be presented with a failure dialog. Select Save
- On the following dialog, choose local from the destination list and provide desired path, click OK.
- Don't click Exit installer, switch to terminal by pressing Ctrl+Alt+F2
- Run command ls <YOUR_PATH>
- The installer presents a failure dialog and offers an option to save the failure report.
- The Dump Written box pops up to show the error files has been successfully written
- Go to root directory in terminal, a traceback (anaconda-tb-xxxxx.xml) file was created