("<command> works" was confusing, make it clearer)
m (Kparal moved page User:Dustymabe/Draft/Testcase CoreOS vmware to QA:Testcase CoreOS VMware: make it official)
Revision as of 20:36, 5 June 2020
Launch Fedora CoreOS in VMWare using the
- Gain access to a VMWare ESXi platform - hardware version 13 or later.
- Install the govc CLI. You can use the Fedora-provided package:
sudo dnf install /usr/bin/govc
sudo dnf install coreos-installer
How to test
- Create an Ignition config. You can use the simplest example available which includes your SSH key.
- Follow the documentation for downloading the VMWare OVA image, importing it using
govc, encoding the Ignition config, and launching a VM from it. Use the
nextstream instead of
stablewhen downloading with
- SSH into the machine using
ssh username@ipaddress(replace username and ipaddress with actual values).
- The VMWare VM launches according to the instructions.
- You can connect through SSH.
- The linked documentation is clear, all steps are understandable, and nothing important is missing from it.