Install Fedora CoreOS on bare metal machine using the
- Download and verify the latest FCOS next image for bare metal machines. Choose your preferred installation source (ISO for an optical or USB drive, PXE for a network install or Raw for a direct disk copy to a hard drive.)
- Familiarize yourself with FCOS provisioning philosophy, i.e. the role of a an Ignition file during system installation.
How to test
- Create an Ignition file. You can use the simplest example available.
- Follow Installing CoreOS on Bare Metal documentation to install FCOS to a bare metal machine.
- Log in to your new FCOS system (with the username and password configured in your Ignition file) using the text console.
- See the IP address printed at the login prompt (alternatively, you can also find it in the
ip addresscommand output).
- SSH into the machine using
ssh username@ipaddress(replace username and ipaddress with actual values).
- The system runs on a bare metal machine according to the instructions.
- You can connect through serial console and SSH.
- The linked documentation is clear, all steps are understandable, and nothing important is missing from it.