Install Fedora CoreOS using static networking configuration.
- Download and verify the latest FCOS next image (pick the right image for your environment, where you can configure it to use static networking).
- Figure out the right values for a static IP assignment in your network.
How to test
- Create an Ignition file. When writing configuration, use a static IP address.
- Launch your Fedora CoreOS system using this Ignition file. See Launching FCOS for a guide how to launch FCOS in most environments (bare metal, virtual, cloud, etc).
- You can SSH successfully into your FCOS system.
- The FCOS system network configuration matches your Ignition file configuration (it has the correct IP address, gateway, DNS, etc).
- The linked documentation makes sense, nothing is obviously missing, and the instructions are clear.