We are going to test that Docker daemon starts successfully.
Test this on Atomic image and Base image.
How to test
Be as specific as required for the target audience.
- ssh into an Atomic/Cloud instance.
- If it is a cloud base image then install docker
$ sudo dnf install docker -y
- Next we will start docker deamon. (No need on an Atomic instance)
$ systemctl start docker.service
- Check the status of the docker service
$ systemctl status docker.service
The following must be true to consider this a successful test run.
- Step #1 You will be able to login into Atomic instance.
- Step #2 You will see output like this:
$ systemctl status docker.service ● docker.service - Docker Application Container Engine Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/docker.service; enabled; vendor preset: disabled) Active: active (running) since Thu 2016-05-05 07:21:25 IST; 6h ago Docs: http://docs.docker.com Main PID: 1104 (docker) CGroup: /system.slice/docker.service └─1104 /usr/bin/docker daemon --selinux-enabled
Optionally provide hints for exploratory testing.